What do think is the main reason why coffee is not as progressive in this region as it is in other places in the U.S.?

Discuss. Do.

Views: 60

Replies to This Discussion

...I thought everyone in GA. wanted rain?????? After seeing the Lakes on the way to Atlanta, I'd think that most of the Georgia population would run the streets naked for a quenching rain!!! Ken...can it been done without spilling a latte?
Jill, all I can say is I am glad I dont live in Atlanta. Running the streets naked ain't my forte! ;-)
LOL Jill had me picturing random folks running naked and chanting throughout the streets for rain while still holding onto briefcases and purses and strollers ! Hilarious!

Yea, we need/want rain....but it doesn't seem like people go out in it they just nest at home.

That's something new to me. Some good jazz and coffee on a rainy day would be the move back home. Maybe a rainy day special? Aha! Rain Dance special ! lol
Hey Everyone!....IT'S Pouring outside!!! YEAH!!!

OK...Loren, given the fact most southerners don't want to run their hair in the rain...(this includes me!)...do you sell beans by the pound?...maybe offer a free "small" 10oz brewed coffee if and when it ever rains in Atlanta again....the beans would be a great upsale since they can "make it at home without melting like in the Wizard of Oz!!!"...just a thought...
That is one of the greatest Rain Day Ideas EVER!! You've just reached brilliant status in my book. Maybe that will bring home the importance of rain equaling water in the south....or at least.....most likely not but it may drum up business. Southerns are very loyal so a free coffee or whole bean would most likely make them your best friend for life. It's going into effect and I'll keep you posted.
Ditto! :-)
Is it raining???????????????
I believe the key is education. Yes, I have family who have never been out of South Carolina. Some people who are born, raised and die in the same town have not had the opportunities to experience coffee outside of the local dinner. Therefore, it is up to us to educated our public to good coffee and espresso. Yes, some people have experienced "***bucks". When you have such limited exposure then often times the general public equate places like "***bucks" to be the experts when it comes to coffee.

I like sweet tea in the summer as much a the next guy. Don't get me wrong. My wife has introduced some of the employees where she works to iced coffee. At first, many tuned their nose up at it. Now many of the employees are asking her when she is gong to make more and bring to work. She is already having employees offer to pay her to just make the ice coffee for them. We haven't gotten our drive thru ready yet even. It's just going to be a matter of time and exposure to get people drinking, espresso, iced coffee and many of the other popular drinks.

As you know one of the major fast food chains is trying their hand at the iced coffee. I have personally tried it and did not finish it. I felt like I wasted my money. Now when I go to this fast food chain they always ask if I want to try their iced coffee. I just politely say no thank you. I want to say to them I am not going to waste my money on it again. At the moment, many people still have not experienced "good coffee, espresso, latte, or iced coffee in the South. When you go to the fast food chain that started out selling hamburgers and they are now selling iced coffee. My thought is they need to stick with of hamburgers which they have bee successful with over the years.

For those of you who already have a coffee shop or drive thru established, I firmly believe the fast food and other competition is going to loose out in the long run because they are not going to serve the quality product that you are serving your customers. Once they taste your quality product, if they really enjoy a good cup of coffee, will go back to the competition and settle for something less. I do not think so.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service