This month’s Informal Barista Jam will take place on Sunday, May 18th at 6PM, here at the Dilworth Coffee Roastery in Charlotte, NC. We are excited to start a new series on working on unforgettable espresso drinks. Have you ever seen Iron Chef? Well, I am proud to announce the Iron Barista Competition, held every month during the Informal Barista Jam. Each month we will feature a specific theme, like sweet or spicy. You will be allowed to work in teams of two to come up with the best drink you can with the two ingredients you bring, plus, as all Iron Chef competitions include, The Secret Ingredient. The first theme for this event is Spicy or Heat. You are allowed to bring only two ingredients, and they can be spices, fruits, or any other natural ingredient. There will be a cool prize for the winning drink.
We are still going to be focusing on the basics of making great espresso and steaming milk, and will have a station dedicated to latte art, so if there’s something you want to work on, this is just the place. Also, if you have any ideas of things you would like to see included in the Informal Barista Jam, or something you think could make it better, please let me know. The Barista Jam is our way of creating a better coffee culture that allows us to be better at representing the fine coffee we sell and serve. It’s a place where we learn from many other people who are walking in our same shoes everyday, one customer at a time. It’s a place where there are no dumb questions, and everyone wants to lend a hand in making each other better baristas and coffeehouse owners.
Let me know if you are coming, as space is relatively limited. jason@dilworthcoffee.com

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

So I can get a head count, who's coming this Sunday night?
Can I just Watch,
Clark
Absolutely! Love to have you!

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service