Hello everyone,

I would like to take a minute of your time to propose something to any and all baristas out there in the Charlotte/Southeast region. Julia's Coffee is a Habitat for Humanity Coffeeshop where the proceeds go towards helping build homes. I was chatting with one of their baristas one afternoon about building a coffee community in the area. One idea was to get those who could away from their espresso machines and roasters for a day and get together on a house build with Habitat for a Saturday. From what I understand (and there are more details to come for sure), it's easy to volunteer. This would be a great way to come together as a group and help people in need right in our back yard.

Also, please note, that I'm not asking any company or person to sponsor a house. The goal is for us is to participate in a house build (whip out the elbow grease) and (hopefully) become a group of colleagues and friends as well.

let me know what interest there is, and I will get things together.

Cheers.

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

We would be down for it, for sure. I have it on my to-do list for this year to help with a Habitat house for our staff here at the Roastery. I for one, would definitely be down to do it, my wife and I both. And I could certainly get some people together to do it, as well. Just let me know how I can help.
Let me know a number of people and I'll get back with the details needed. I'm looking for at least twenty people to sign up.
I'm interested, just let me know.
What is the time frame you are looking to do this? Month, etc?
I'm not completely sure about the time frame as of yet. I was hoping to get a little more interest or dedicated numbers before I go and get the whole thing scheduled.
I'm interested in building some homes and getting to know some area baristas better. Just tell me when and where.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service