Been to a really cool coffeeshop you didn't know was there, or feel like others should know about? Post 'em. I'll start. My wife sees a doctor at Duke in Durham, NC, and across the street there's a coffeehouse called "Shade Tree Coffee." I had seen it for years, but never went in, until the last time I was there in town. And wow, the young lady behind the bar poured the sweetest latte with rosetta I had seen in a long while. Totally unexpected, but appreciated. Her name is Courtney Satterfield, and an excellent barista. There's a good find to start it off.

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

This is for Matt Davis. Let's hear about some cool shops.
My all-around favorite here in Charlotte is the Original Dilworth on East Blvd. Perfect coffeehouse atmosphere, great espresso, a solid bar crew. Its just to far for me to visit very often.
While I should make it known I work for Dilworth Coffee, I do think it's one of the coolest shops I have been in. I really like the way it feels nothing like it's surrounding strip mall. It feels like it's own really comfortable space. And the baristas at this location really push their espresso quality to the highest level they can, and all the others are raising their espresso game as well. Thanks Brady! (I could tell about how I really like your shop, and the way you work hard to educate your customers, including the great map with exactly where each of the coffees you serve come from, but I don't want it to seem forced. I would have written it anyway.)

Brady said:
My all-around favorite here in Charlotte is the Original Dilworth on East Blvd. Perfect coffeehouse atmosphere, great espresso, a solid bar crew. Its just to far for me to visit very often.
Thanks, Jason.

Ok, youse guys... I'm really curious about some of the spots in Charleston, SC. My wife and I are probably headed that way in a few weeks and we want to hit a few while we're there. Any ideas?
I'm a big fan of Summit in Davidson. They have some really good Batista's and always do a great job. It's worth the drive.
Wait, I can't forget the Drip in Asheville. Best Barista's around and the best coffee house food that I have ever had. Jay has done a great job since he has owned the drip.
Sorry about the bad spell check spelling I'm not sure what a Batista's I meant Barista's
I tell you what I have a new friend in WALDO FL. He Has A Nice Cafe (30124 Coffee House) Going, Remind me of my Google Days, when me and the N00glers hung out @ OCTANE in Atl...Anyone heading down that way let me know we can always set a trip up...Maybe From NC 2 FL ??? Heck where ever!!!

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1741166822
Looks nice a nice shop! If I ever get down that way, I will certainly check it out!

GODBOD said:
I tell you what I have a new friend in WALDO FL. He Has A Nice Cafe (30124 Coffee House) Going, Remind me of my Google Days, when me and the N00glers hung out @ OCTANE in Atl...Anyone heading down that way let me know we can always set a trip up...Maybe From NC 2 FL ??? Heck where ever!!!

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1741166822
I would say, the whole Asheville coffee scene is great.
Banks Thomas said:
I would say, the whole Asheville coffee scene is great.
"I'm a big fan of Summit in Davidson. They have some really good Batista's and always do a great job. It's worth the drive."
"Wait, I can't forget the Drip in Asheville"
Wow. Wouldn't imagine you picturing you recommending those shops. And as much I know you would recommend those shops that are your biggest accounts, I would have liked to have seen a review of a shop that wasn't a CCC account. BTW, as I posted here http://www.baristaexchange.com/profiles/blog/show?id=1688216%3ABlog... , there are some good shops in Asheville, and some bad ones. But, again, I can see why you would say it's great, as it's saturated with CCC.
Just trying to be objective, and real.
I have already replied to this once and Jason deleted it.

Yes, Summit and the Drip are CCC accounts. They are both great coffeehouses that I think people would enjoy. I don't think that I am wrong for posting them.

Asheville has a great coffee scene, not just made up of CCC accounts. Larry's Beans, Asheville Roaster, Stone Cup, and many other coffee roasters have accounts in Asheville.

Please Jason don't delete my post again.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service