All Discussions Tagged 'cleaning' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

An hour to talk maintenance & cleaning... what would you say?

If you had an hour to talk to 2 new baristas / shop owners about espresso machine cleaning and maintenance what would you say?What have you…

Started by Rusty Angell

6 May 6, 2010
Reply by Rusty Angell

Grinder Cleaning

I've heard a few people on here and other places recommend using rice to clean the residues from your grinder, and that idea intrigues me.…

Started by Adam Wilson

3 May 1, 2010
Reply by Brady

Help! Quats quandry

Does anyone else out there have trouble with severely dry hands when using quats? We use this sanitizer at the shop I work at, and it's des…

Started by teresa pilarz

25 Feb 8, 2010
Reply by Jason Dominy

Customers with weird phobias

Quick background 'graph because I'm new: I work at a Bullsh*t Starbucks. This means we are not owned/operated by Starbucks (and therefore…

Started by Underground Barista

11 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Joseph Robertson

Problem cleaning grouphead on a Simonelli Nuova Oscar

Hi Everyone, For some reason, every time I try to lightly clean the grouphead on my Oscar, it creates this problem where the portafilter wi…

Started by Jennifer Graham

6 Oct 23, 2009
Reply by Jennifer Graham

Full Circle Feedback?

Hi Guys! Just wondering if anyone's had a chance to check out our newest product, Full Circle Coffee Equipment Wash?? It's the first in wh…

Started by Urnex/Puro Caff®

1 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Jared Rutledge

La Pavoni P3V2 instruction manual

I just came into a Pavoni P3V2 machine - sort of - A friend got it for free and it works. There's no known history and it probably needs a…

Started by John Despres

4 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by John Despres

To Bleach or Not To Bleach

I've heard bleaching (hypochlorite solution, ie clorox) for your plastic, glass, and ceramics that dissolve the coffee tinge/stain. I have…

Started by illudereludere

2 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by Denise Smith

How to clean a used grinder (yep, I'm a newbie!)

This mystery grinder came with the shop I purchased. I have no idea when it was last used. It's very dirty inside and I ran a sample size a…

Started by Notblueatall

11 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by Notblueatall

Getting the "flavored coffee" smell out of a dispenser

I recently acquired a few used Fetco thermal coffee dispensers. Unfortunately one of them was previously used with flavored coffee and desp…

Started by Adrian Badger

6 May 5, 2009
Reply by Bill Warnock

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service