Hey fellow coffee peeps!

I am trying to find out where to order a handle-less steaming pitcher. Can anyone send me in the right direction of where to order one?

Also, if anybody has any feedback on what they think of them, that would be awesome. I don't use the handle when pouring latte art and thought this would work great for me.

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!
~Anna

Views: 706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that either espresso supply or espresso parts have them. ironically enough, they were developed for the creator of this site, matt milletto. I think they are more bell shaped, so I don't know what you're used to steaming with, but it seems to look comfortable to pour with. I've contemplated getting one myself a few times.
Thanks for the input, Chris! If I get one, I'll have to let you know what I think!

Chris DeMarse said:
I believe that either espresso supply or espresso parts have them. ironically enough, they were developed for the creator of this site, matt milletto. I think they are more bell shaped, so I don't know what you're used to steaming with, but it seems to look comfortable to pour with. I've contemplated getting one myself a few times.
i have one (16 oz rattleware) that I recieved as a going away gift from my last shop when I moved. the handle free aspect of it is really cool, some of the finest definition I've ever got in a pour was with it ... but it's got a major draw back to it. The spout is elongated which means you have to pour super slow or else the milk sloshes over the side and kills the rosetta...If the spout were flush with the rim I'd probably use it a lot more ... as it is now it just comes out for showing off and such...
It's Espresso Supply. I ordered one, but was surprised to see an elongated spout, which made it very difficult to pour with, as milk spilled over the elongated part of the spout, unless you had it perfectly straight/level. I had a friend grind it down so it was flat with the rim of the pitcher, like a standard latte art pitcher, and it works much better.
Espresso Parts NW has/had them as well. We modified our pitcher almost immediately. It's not that I don't think the spout couldn't be used to make some great art as is.. Shortening the spout definately has it pouring way better!
if no one has offered did you try visions.
Ironically, I simply ripped the handle off a regular 20oz latte art pitcher ... the news ones have something to keep you from burning your hand too. I used this pitcher in ATL and placed 3rd in the Millrock Latte Art comp.

Esp Part and Esp Supply both sell them, and think they are similar if not the same rattleware pitcher.

- Matt
I personally have a little more control, a little more rhythmic side to side action, when holding by the pitcher handle... but I've yet to try the nice new handle-less pitchers with the rubber grip.
The Rattleware has a soft rubber that wraps entirely around the pitcher sides and remains very cool to the touch. Easy to trim away as well, if you're having trouble judging the milk temperature by hand at the exposed bottom of the pitcher.
I've heard from the source they sold everything they got and will be out for some time. Hope they come back soon.
i understand that you get amazing control with the handle less pitchers, butdoes the insulating layer remove the ability to manually gauge the temperature?
Smalls, Jimmy said:
i understand that you get amazing control with the handle less pitchers, butdoes the insulating layer remove the ability to manually gauge the temperature?
Can't you feel the bottom of the pitcher instead of the side?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service