"Quality. This dinky coffee shop on cracked-out Burnside serves the best coffee in the neighborhood and perhaps the best on the western shore of the Willamette River. In the upper avenues of Alphabet Portland, Coffeehouse NW is the only place that treats coffee as cuisine." -Axel Benjamin

"The guys who run the place are perfectionists. Try any of the classic espresso drinks for the perfect boost to the lull in your day, or take a tour of the coffee world with a French press of whatever bean has recently arrived from Stumptown roasters. If it isn’t too busy, they will bring your cappuccino to the table. Free surfing while you sip." -Zinester's Guide To Portland

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What shop was recommended by like every barista in P-town? CHNW. I dropped by this place in around New Years, and not only was the coffee kick-ass, but the baristas were hella down too. JavaJ approved!
Matt M, how come we didn't go by CHNW while I was in town last week? Would've liked to have checked that out. Oh well, next time.
Hey Jon,

Shoot. I should have taken you guys there, it's usually a bit out of our walking tour loop so I didn't think of it. Now you have a reason to come back to Portland. :)

- Matt
This is the best coffeehouse in Portland. They do Stumptown better than Stumptown does itself. I still love them even after they didn't hire me and I was crushed. Sigh.
Thank you Coffeehouse Northwest for being so hospitable to me and my sister while we visited Portland. Keep making good coffee and hot chocolate! :)
Trinity is truly a great coffee house that pursues excellence in every cup for any joe shmoe.
The coffee and staff are superb
Amen to all the positive comments, and I would add how much their friendly, even humble, attitude adds to my experience every time I'm in town and able to visit. With the perfection and knowledge they have, you could expect a condescending attitude, but instead have the pleasure of being treated kindly.
Coffeehouse Northwest is by far my favorite shop in Portland. It seems like you can get Stumptown pretty much everywhere now, and for the most part it's never to the standards that the actual Stumptown stores hold for themselves. But Coffeehouse Northwest does Stumptown far better then any of the home stores themselves. Plus to the people that run it and their crew are extremely nice and always ready to nerd out on coffee talk. Not to mention they have Chemex on their menu!
I just went to CHNW yesterday. The barista pulled the best Hairbender espresso I've ever had. I frequent most reputable coffee shops in portland, and this place pretty well kicked the trash out of everybody.
By far my favorite shop in Downtown Portland. I've never had a shot that ever resembled anything other than excellence! If you haven't gone, drop what your doing and go now! One of few shops that actually takes Stumptown's coffee and re-introduces it to you in a novel way. It's the love spectrum. And by the way the whole Staff is freakin awesome!!!
We recently completed a cafe tour-de-force of Portland and CHNW and gracious host Adam were definite highlights...I appreciated especially the brew options, selecting AvaSolo Stumptown's Sumatra. A great coffee experience at CHNW.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service