At the moment all I have to roast is a Guatemalan HueHue from Klatch Coffee Roasters. It's great at full city.

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

I've never ordered any green beans from Klatch, at $6.50 a pound plus shipping it's much too pricey for me. Did you see the price they (their buying group) paid for that Bolivian Cup Of Excellance at auction? $12.55 a pound. Yikes! I wonder what a brewed cup of that stuff is going to cost?
I was already making an order from them so, I though why not? Yes, the price was a bit high. The coffee is great though. I will be ordering from another source in the future, but it may be a while because I have many roasted samples to get through first.
This weekend I will be roasting:

Costa Rica La Candelilla Estate Gesha - 2 lbs
El Salvador Cup of Excellence – Siberia - 1 lb
Brazil Coromandel – Fazenda Sao Joao - 1.5 lb
Guatemala Chimeltenango – San Jose Ocaña - 5 lbs

Perhaps some others as well ... I love roasting!
I've ordered all my raw coffee from Sweetmarias or Coffee Bean Corral, so far. It's been mostly good. I've roasted various Brazils, Yergachefs from various farms, a Harrar, lots of Aged Sumatra Manhelding (one of my favorites!) and various others. The last one I tried was a Guatemala- I absolutely fell in love with it! Beautiful balance of body, mild acidity, just enough sweetness, and very smooth. I'm gonna try Kenya, and maybe something different like a Burundi, or Esmerelda next.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service