Customers have done nice things for us. But what compliments have they given you or what's the nicest thing customers have said to you?

Mine were:
"Thank you for being so patient"

"You just made my day better"

I know these aren't exceptional, but it's still nice to get that verbal 'pat on the back'.


Views: 955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With a line to the door, a three man crew (one on register, two on bar), and a 20 minute wait for drinks:

"Keeping smiling! You're doing great!"

"You guys are doing a great job! Thank you so much!"

im glad someone had a similar thought. . i wouldnt take any of those compliments as compliments... much more of an indicator that a staff meeting/retraining is in order

can't help it if someone has to go home sick and no one else can pick up the shift. :)

Aeryn! E said:

im glad someone had a similar thought. . i wouldnt take any of those compliments as compliments... much more of an indicator that a staff meeting/retraining is in order

Bob and Margaret have been regular customers for a little over two years now.  We first met them after one of Margaret's physical therapy sessions.  She had a stroke three years ago.  It was debilitating... For a woman who was once so outgoing, energetic and engaging to become all at once slow, stuttering and shy was as hard for her as it was for Bob.  

Though Margaret has had many difficult health issues since her stroke she has come out of her shell and continues to make strides toward independent mobility.  

If you met Margaret today you would never guess she could be reserved or shy.  She knows all of our regulars and all of our baristas.  Seeing her and her unbelievably devoted and patient husband brighten my day.  This couple is nothing short of inspiring.  They are funny, thoughtful, and all around great people.

When Margaret once told me that finding our coffee shop was the best thing she could have asked for in her road to recovery it meant so much more than any drink compliment I'd ever received.  

The drinks are aren't the end all be all... the people are.

totally agree. They make the job worth it.

Mike Shipley said:

Bob and Margaret have been regular customers for a little over two years now.  We first met them after one of Margaret's physical therapy sessions.  She had a stroke three years ago.  It was debilitating... For a woman who was once so outgoing, energetic and engaging to become all at once slow, stuttering and shy was as hard for her as it was for Bob.  

Though Margaret has had many difficult health issues since her stroke she has come out of her shell and continues to make strides toward independent mobility.  

If you met Margaret today you would never guess she could be reserved or shy.  She knows all of our regulars and all of our baristas.  Seeing her and her unbelievably devoted and patient husband brighten my day.  This couple is nothing short of inspiring.  They are funny, thoughtful, and all around great people.

When Margaret once told me that finding our coffee shop was the best thing she could have asked for in her road to recovery it meant so much more than any drink compliment I'd ever received.  

The drinks are aren't the end all be all... the people are.

Isn't it amazing the power of a special place, especially a coffee shop, can be for people? And you're right Aeryn! E, the compliments go to the customer service as a whole.

Mike Shipley said:

Bob and Margaret have been regular customers for a little over two years now.  We first met them after one of Margaret's physical therapy sessions.  She had a stroke three years ago.  It was debilitating... For a woman who was once so outgoing, energetic and engaging to become all at once slow, stuttering and shy was as hard for her as it was for Bob.  

Though Margaret has had many difficult health issues since her stroke she has come out of her shell and continues to make strides toward independent mobility.  

If you met Margaret today you would never guess she could be reserved or shy.  She knows all of our regulars and all of our baristas.  Seeing her and her unbelievably devoted and patient husband brighten my day.  This couple is nothing short of inspiring.  They are funny, thoughtful, and all around great people.

When Margaret once told me that finding our coffee shop was the best thing she could have asked for in her road to recovery it meant so much more than any drink compliment I'd ever received.  

The drinks are aren't the end all be all... the people are.

Today a new customer came in and after taking the first sip of his espresso said:  "ahhh...oh my...god is looking down on us...and she's smiling!"  Made my week!

Aww, that's wonderful! Is that a whole new meaning to "God in a cup"? :) 

zack burnett said:

Today a new customer came in and after taking the first sip of his espresso said:  "ahhh...oh my...god is looking down on us...and she's smiling!"  Made my week!

I made an 8 oz capp for a customer and she went and sat in one of the corner chairs of the shop and came to me afterwards and told it was the first time she's had a capp that reminded her so much of her trip to Italy. That totally made my day.

Dad! Dad! Look at what he did!     - said by an excited 8 yr old girl picking up her decaf mocha with a latte art heart  -  not exactly said to me but still it was a nice start to my day. 

I was told that by a traveler from the UK that I had made the finest latte he and his wife had tasted while on "holiday" in the states...that made me smile.

I made another wonderful regular customer of mine a pour over of some Bali blue Krishna I had roasted and I gave it to her saying " merry Christmas" and she got a few tears and told me it made her day and that a random act of kindness was just what she needed. It inspired me to give all my regulars the same...didn't even sell a cup or a bean of the whole 5 pound bag of that special coffee. It reminded me that the folks that come in on a daily basis are the reason I can own such a wonderful little shop. It also resulted in a tip jar full of $ that more than made up for the cost of the beans...remember to let your loyal folks know you know who they are...

I love the connection between TED and good coffee. It's a wonderful combo. :-)

barista Dan said:

I was at the TED Conference at the Long Beach Convention Center, California. A group of attendees (ticket price was around ten thousand for a three day event), approached me on the final day and stated that they voted me the best barista at the show. It was a great feeling.

Just being around that crowd of stars gave me the energy and passion to become a better latte artist.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2022   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service