Hey Guys: Kafes Guatemala is getting ready to start the coffee tours for the Antigua coffee region. We are about ready to let you know all you can do while visiting the plantation site and so on, including a tour to the children's program we support as a company here in Guatemala called Escuela Integrada. I would like to know, what would you guys like to visit besides the plantation??? Price range and so on. Anything specific would help, we can accomodate and personalize the trips according to your needs and time frames or even budget.
Coming soon the formal announcement.

Pablo Castaneda

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been in Central America the last week and a half and am in Antigua tonight but will be leaving tomorrow for Panama. Visit for me was all about visiting farms, mills, cupping but still early for best coffee, and building relationships. That said, any suggestion on coffee bar to visit in morning?
Is any of the the coffee from these plantations sold in Guatemalan coffee shops? If so, it might be nice to have a tour of a few shops that do coffee right. Or at least maybe a list so people can explore on their own.

How often do you have these tours?
I don't go on tours and don't know of any. I visit farms to sample and buy coffee. Best of luck.

mike

John Kijote said:
Is any of the the coffee from these plantations sold in Guatemalan coffee shops? If so, it might be nice to have a tour of a few shops that do coffee right. Or at least maybe a list so people can explore on their own.

How often do you have these tours?
Hey guys, hope u r doing great, I'm not sure John if u needed any information or so, if u do please let me know.- Thanks for stoping by guys.-

Heather whenever you come to Guatemala please let me know, would love for you to tour the plantation and yes there are coffee shops in Guatemala that use our coffees, I should say all of them, FiveBucks is not coming to Guatemala for sure.-
i've never been to origin, (God willing, one day i will!). If and when i ever do, i would absolutely love to see the farm, pick the cherries, taste the fruit, work a day in the fields. tour the processing facilities, roast coffee with the producers, cup the coffees (including defects), visit local cafes and pull espresso shots- coach, learn and share knowledge.

eat, drink, sleep, wake up
do it again.
Well said Sandy. It would be my dream to do all of that as well!
Hey Sandy, Morgan and all of you guys, we have dropped our prices and you can do exactly what Sandy is saying and more, we have the 8 zip lines tours along the entire plantation as well , also you can visit Antigua Guatemala , so you can tour not only the plantation but this majestic town.-

We have as well an awesome package that includes hotel, coffee tours and so on and like I said we dropped our prices, special prices for groups of 10 people or more.-

Let me know.-

Pablo
Also I want you guys to visit the local communities surrounding the Plantation so you can get to know as well the HUMAN VALUE of our coffees, learning from this people is the REAL deal, nothing else indeed.-

I will post the packages and prices really soon, coffee tours are year around, but if you want to experience the harvest time, now is the time.-
I would absolutely love to visit. As I said before, it is one of my dreams to visit different places of origin. I want a hands on, (or eyes on) coffee growing experience. . . Please send me the updated information and packaging prices.... I would probably travel alone, or maybe with another barista from the shop I work at, so unfortunately group prices won't apply. =[

Would there be any possibility of staying with a host family, rather than a hotel to further enhance the experience.... Let me know... =] Take care, and happy harvesting.
Once I have the information I will post it here, Morgan also let me check about you staying with a host family ok?? well the hotel experience is quite awesome Morgan, you are staying at a Hacienda hotel, not like a modern chain hotel at all.- The hotel is part of the coffee roasting and cupping complex.- You should read my blog regarding the Art of Coffee on my page.-You will get a better idea, I will post pics as well.-
I have dreams about going to origin for the first time. Mostly, I want to be a part of what is happening. I want to be able to get down on the fields and help pick cherries all afternoon. I want to try to break down language barriers and talk to farmers about how they like being a coffee grower. Or don't. I know I've had jobs I didn't like. I crave the human experience.

Zip lines sound like fun- a great way to see a coffee plantation quickly. However, I imagine nothing can compare to being a part of the action. Putting my hands into the soil and smelling how it is different from the GA red clay I'm used to is something I constantly see in my dreams.

Also, I'd love to visit surrounding towns and eat a local restaurants, just go for walks, have some beers with the locals, etc. I'm not looking to be entertained- I'm looking to be a part of the business I've chosen from a completely different side of it. At least the first time.

Eventually, I'd like to have a role more like Heathers. Stop in, say hi, try some coffee, maybe buy a few pounds.
Zech we can do that indeed.- I have a plan that I'm trying to develop for you guys as well.-

Pablo

Zech said:
I have dreams about going to origin for the first time. Mostly, I want to be a part of what is happening. I want to be able to get down on the fields and help pick cherries all afternoon. I want to try to break down language barriers and talk to farmers about how they like being a coffee grower. Or don't. I know I've had jobs I didn't like. I crave the human experience.

Zip lines sound like fun- a great way to see a coffee plantation quickly. However, I imagine nothing can compare to being a part of the action. Putting my hands into the soil and smelling how it is different from the GA red clay I'm used to is something I constantly see in my dreams.

Also, I'd love to visit surrounding towns and eat a local restaurants, just go for walks, have some beers with the locals, etc. I'm not looking to be entertained- I'm looking to be a part of the business I've chosen from a completely different side of it. At least the first time.

Eventually, I'd like to have a role more like Heathers. Stop in, say hi, try some coffee, maybe buy a few pounds.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service