What an amazing weekend! I just got back last night from the Coffee Fest Seattle, where it was so great to meet up with friends and to meet so many of my "friends" here on bX in person. :)

I will be uploading more pictures in the next day or so but I wanted to take a moment to express how happy I am for my friend, and past American Barista & Coffee School gradute, Hiroshi Sawada of Caffe Milkart, Tokyo, Japan, who won first place in the Millrock Latte Art Competition. Hiroshi has been competing in at every Coffee Fest for the past few years and finally came thru with the winning pour. He is the sweetest guy ever and is a great ambassador for the coffee industry.

After winning, Hiroshi donated his $5000 prize directly to Coffee Kids. His generosity, dedication and love for the industry is something we can all learn from.

Congratulations Hiroshi!

- Matt

Views: 1782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hiroshi is officially my personal hero. What an amazing, awesome, deserving dude. I couldn't have been more pumped when those last scores came up. (Sorry, Layla)
Congrats to Hiroshi!

I too, was excited to see his tenacity pay off. And now that I learn of his donation of the check I am thoroughly impressed with this guy. I remember when I was hired to work at the ABC school for one of their classes a couple years ago... Hiroshi came in and was already better than average at latte art. since the other students were all beginning, while the rest of the class watched The Passionate Harvest, Hiroshi and I went to practice some advanced stuff.
Within 10 minutes he picked up 3 or 4 new designs, including the super-impossed rosetta, and the triple! I was floored at how quickly he learned!
He is a natural.
Congratulations again, Hiroshi!
Can't agree more. Hiroshi has the biggest heart ever! (his rosettas are great too.) :)
What a great guy. Congrats to Hiroshi on the win, he is an example for all of us to follow!
was fun see you in chicargo Im not sure about the cups but!!!! hmmm
Hiroshi is a pretty cool cat with a big heart. congrats!
Hiroshi emailed this great pic of him wearing the Thursday Night Throwdown that Ben Helfen so kindly gave to him. Also, Ben, thanks so much for mine too, I wore it again yesterday! :)

Benza Lance said:
Glad you liked it! And i'm glad to see Hiroshi does as well!

Matt Milletto said:
Hiroshi emailed this great pic of him wearing the Thursday Night Throwdown that Ben Helfen so kindly gave to him. Also, Ben, thanks so much for mine too, I wore it again yesterday! :)

Benza Lance said:
Thanks for posting the great pics of the final pours. I'm truly impressed hearing about the donation; Hiroshi has totally set the bar with his generosity.
Congratulations Hiroshi!!
Persistence Pays!
I have been trying to find a full recap of the finals and the standings. If anyone has them it would be great to hear from ya'.

Congrats to Hiroshi!
That's a sick pour.
congrats Hiroshi, u make me wanna work harder now, haha.
very nice of u to donate all ur prize money.
cheers guys.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service