So in a couple / few months I am moving to hawaii. Never really spend much time there or did much research, just always wanted to go and try it out and now i have the time so i'm going to do it.

does anyone have any tips for jobs (especially coffee and coffee related) and housing or tips in general about the islands. I am leaning towards the big island Hilo because i would like to be around more locals and culture. any tips and advice much appreciated thanks

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may want to write Jay Caragay (www.onocoffee.blogspot.com). He lived there for years and is actually there right now visiting cafes while there for a wedding. He might be able to help.
So I'm looking around the big island for some good coffee jobs. anyone know anything? its looking kinda bleak. i would lov e to get into roasting or/and machine tech. and repair. Thanks for all the help so far.
Check with the larger coffee farms in Kona. They have tons of machinery to be maintained, roasting, packing and retailing on site. Some of their websites are: koacoffee.com, konajoe.com, bayviewfarms.com, mountainthunder.com, konamountain.com, royalkonacoffee.com

Andrew is right reg. Hilo. Living is cheaper there but you gotta deal with the rain and that it gets dark very early ( 14.000' mountain btw you & the sunset.). The town feels like a time capsule of 1975 - with all its charmes and hippies ;-)

konaweb.com has a forum reg. MOVING TO THE BIG ISLAND

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service