Espresso (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Decaf Please !!!

Hi guys, I wanted to know if a single Espresso has less Caffeine than a normal 12 oz. Brewed Coffee (mild Roast) .

Started by Jose Miguel

4 Jan 10, 2009
Reply by Tyler Stevens

Rancilio Silvia ???

Why Are People Crazy About the Rancilio Silvia ? 1. This Machine is Based on a Commercial Design. 2. The Machine Makes Thick Bodied Crem…

Started by Jose Miguel

4 Jan 8, 2009
Reply by Mike McGinness

Barista 201, 301, 401

I thoroughly love training, which I see as basically trying to translate enthusiasm. The challenge lies less in conveying technique, and gr…

Started by Greg Suekoff

8 Jan 8, 2009
Reply by Jason Haeger

Aging espresso to develop crema...

As I've come to learn, it's a common practice to age (let rest for a certain period of time) an espresso to allow the crema and, to some ex…

Started by Joey Trujillo

9 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Brady

Segafredo Zanetti - Tasting notes

Hi, Does anybody have or could anybody add some tasting notes for Segafredo blends? Mainly Massimo and Extra strong. I have done some tast…

Started by Lee Wardle

7 Jan 3, 2009
Reply by Damon Lurie

Capp to-go sizes

I'm interested in what other folks are doing for capps to-go. Right now, we do a 10-oz for singles, and a 12-oz for doubles (don't worry, w…

Started by Pete

4 Dec 23, 2008
Reply by Andy Newbom

solid cakes from Portafilter

Hi everyone, I have a question. Recently one of my baristas told me she was frustrated because when she empties the portafilter, the coffee…

Started by Julie

7 Dec 20, 2008
Reply by Julie

Shots Over Ice?

So in brief, we are in a bit of a debate over should shots be poured over ice when making iced lattes and mochas, etc. I have always been…

Started by Adam

1 Dec 11, 2008
Reply by John P

Milk Temperature

Working in the industry for a few years now, if there is anything that comes second nature in espresso making it would be steaming milk. B…

Started by Ryan

6 Dec 8, 2008
Reply by Nicole Heitzler

What up with the rice milk?

We've had a few requests for rice milk in the shop, so we bought a carton and gave it a shot... my tastebuds slapped me silly... it was hor…

Started by Joey Trujillo

7 Dec 5, 2008
Reply by Scott Bruggman

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service