Anybody know of a small roaster available for me to start experimenting? I'm in BC and would be willing to travel a small distance to pick it up or have it shipped here. Any advice, equipment and general info would be appreciated.

Thanks, David

Views: 167

Replies to This Discussion

Hey David, define small. 60 grams? Half pound, one pound? A heat gun and a bread machine is a great way to roast from what I understand.
! really, a bread machine?
Small is up to 2 or 3 kg...For my purposes. With that amount I can determine a few things and brew several different ways. My goal is to be roasting for my small shop (currently we use about 5 kg/day of espresso and 2 kg of everything else). Anything roasting less than a 2 pound batch would need to be replaced pretty quickly. I'm serious about learning to roast and doing most of my own roasting within the next 3 years (year 4 or my 5 year plan!).

Long answer, huh? Up to 5 lbs.
There's no way to modify the 9 pre-sets on a sonofresco. Definitely a limiting factor. That's why I moved up to a Dietrich. Good luck in your search.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service