I would like to get people’s thoughts about roasting facility setup in terms of layout, ideas about green bean stock, roasters, packaging areas etc. relative to each other and any other information that you think might be important. It would also be nice to know your opinion on the top three to five things someone should keep in mind as the most important when designing the layout. Thanks.

Views: 1113

Replies to This Discussion

Couple things to think about, It really depends on how big your talking about 4k lbs a month or 40k lbs a month, ... these would be two completely different animals.

Ughhhh of top of my head, without that "size info"

Location for delivery
climate control for green
gas setup for roaster "depending on size" basically would you need to route new lines?
physical location of roaster, regarding temp stability i.e. not next to the open door in winter.

let me know your size ambitions and I can go more into detail
Hi,
John Larkin has an article on his website about first time set up and layout of the roastery. Check it out at www.johnlarkinandcompany.com

Best,
David

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service