This is my short lived attempt at starting a fascinating discussion. I am expecting it to go down in flames, but here goes nothing.

Views: 77

Replies to This Discussion

i've been to the midwest once.

once.
It takes a special kind of person to live in the Midwest. All visitors must beware of the bums. Especially BUM ISLAND.
Kind sir if your attempt at insulting the midwest includes a referrence to Johnny Dangerously then point and match, as I can not offer a reply that could possibly live up to that.
Great! Fascinate me as I am a teacher in Iowa and can't wait till summer!
Chris, your attempt apparently has NOT gone down in flames! I'm very happy for you. I have started a few duds myself and know how it feels. I wonder what she means by "a special kind of person"....
It may not have gone down in flames, but I have no idea what it is about anymore? I guess its a little something for everyone. Ah, success!
What I mean by that is you've got to have a keen sense of direction or you will surely find youself in Kansas, and you've got to know how to deal with strange smells while driving around town. I have no idea where they come from but you have to act quickly or suffer.
I personally enjoy suffering at the hands of the smells, but you know that's just me.
Well, it's obvious that someone lives just east of the state line:) Sorry Sarah Winslow....I am a Kansas-ite myself. Although, I have to admit that Missouri has its definite charms. A bit more culture on your side of line. Come to think of it, Lawrence is about the only 'original' thing Kansas has to offer. Having grown up in the 'Golden Ghetto' I understand your aversion to Johnson County :)
I wouldn't say aversion, more of a common misconception of these Kansians. Come to think of it I do work over there and have yet to be attacked by a house wife. Perhaps Kansas deserves another chance?
go Jayhawks!!

i'm a midwest coffee nerd and proud of it and i'm not even originally from this area.

besides, you nerds should help us out at conference. any of you have a few extra hours to spend working in the BGA booth this year?

...and there's nothing wrong with johnson county.
Hey Sandy I may be able to help out at the BGA booth, but it kind of depends on how I do competing wise. I am hoping to not have the time, but we shall see.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service