So I'm trying to bring a 1964 Faema E61 back to life and better than ever. I've replaced the mercury relay pressure stat with a Sinai pressure stat and rewired the electrics. It's in pretty good shape and works well, but I'm going to add a safety pressure relief valve and hi-limit switch for the element. I can't believe these things didn't have more safety devices; they must have been a nightmare to work on back in the day.

If anyone has any experience with these machines please post up with any tips or suggestions! I'm looking to PID the boiler in the near future and would love any advice on PID's and HX machines.

Views: 290

Replies to This Discussion

Give Paul Pratt a shout. He just completed a great restoration on an E-61

http://www.espresso-restoration.com

Paul is a great guy and loves to talk machines.

Terry Z
Wow.Paul Pratt's two part E-61 article is extremely impressive. So far, the one I'm working on is just operational. One day I hope to have it operational AND pretty.
Brian,
I've got a Faema Compac-84, and I'd love to find some PID-like hacks for the HX machines... Keep me posted?
This site is turning into GOLD for the community. We should send Matt M. a fruit basket, or something.
Good egg, that Matt Milletto.
-Tim Noble

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service