Frothing Pitcher Flushing Device at Coffee Collective Coffee Bar in Copenhagen

I stumbled across a video on youtube of Klaus Thomsen pouring two cappuccinos and I'm intrigued by a special sink that he has at his coffee bar for flushing out frothing pitchers. It's embedded in the counter to the left of his espresso machine, and it has a section on which you can press the pitcher upside down against a circular spray of water and then set it aside to drain. It's about 2 minutes and 10 seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFGQquSszxE

I want this, but I don't know what it's called. Is it a bartending thing? Is it custom made?

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

I've never seen that exact thing here-- but i have one that's similar. although it's made to rinse blender pitchers, it doesn't do a very good job of cleaning them well-- so i use it to rinse my milk steaming vessels all the time. The hose gets connected to the water supply, while the base suction cups onto the bottom of the sink (just remember to pry it off and clean it, okay?). Mine is red and made by blendtec. Hope that helps.
Huh, that's a new one for me, thanks. Do you have it installed in its own sink? We're constantly using our front sink (the one in the espresso area) for other stuff, is that ever a problem?
so i work with janelle here. we actually have a sink in the back bar area--it is used generally for rinsing out milk pitchers.
I found it! I was browsing the espressoparts website and discovered: http://tinyurl.com/6h3t76 . I'm in love, and this will definitely be gracing the next iteration of our shop.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service