Ok gang, I would like some advice here. I have a Grimac Royal Falcon, Diadema machine and a Mazzer Super Jolly grinder with flat burrs. I notice this week our shots smell/taste burnt. I cleaned machine well, which i do everyday but did some extra. checked temp, 201 degrees. no change. then I noticed a bit burned smell right our of grinder. I cleaned grinder. The burrs looked like might be dull. I ordered new. I know they are old! I have contacted my roaster and there're going to come around when I get the new burrs.

However I wondered what all of you thought?? Thanks in advance

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

put your burrs on clean... by this i mean scrub scrape and vacuum out the grinder before you put the new burrs in if they have coffee under them they will dull fast.
Bill, thanks for the reply. We've worked it out. New burrs, colplete vacum out and such, also bought a proper device for measuring group head temp. Found out it was actually 209. brought it down to 198. Shots are wonderful again.

Brian
make sure your temping correctly (might sound stupid but be just watch this) but temp surfing can throw you by a few degree's just don't learn how to tamp from this vid

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service