Does anyone now where to get some training on espresso machines? I have some knowledge, but would like some formalized training before tearing apart a few thousand dollars. I would prefer knowledge of heat-exchanger machines as well as duel-boiler machines.
Thanks

Views: 1015

Replies to This Discussion

I would recommend contacting manufacturers or resellers and taking the technician certification classes that they offer. It's a great start and it's necessary to maintain most warranty terms if you're going to be working on the machine. A lot of companies will supply training for free (or for a refundable "reservation fee"), especially if you're a field technician in their market.

In the vein of this topic...

I've always thought it would be cool to have a "Jam" (not unlike the Roaster's Guild retreat or BGA Jams) that focused on coffee equipment and coffee tech stuff...
Thanks for the advise. I'll start calling around.

I concur about the "jam" for techs, that would be cool. The only thing would be getting the companies to not be so bull headed and thinking that any one machine or technique was better than the other.
This summer I will be teaching some classes at the American Barista School. Give Matt a shout and he can provide the details. Our company Espressoparts.com will also be offering a Fall course of espresso machine maintenance and repair.

Terry Z
I took the class at ESI. It was pretty fun but not as involved as I had hoped! If you have a good grasp of basic plumbing and electrical troubleshooting you should skip the class and go for it.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service