I want to take the base plate off of my La Marzocco. We recently replaced the tube.wich is kinked and tends to back up and leak with the volume of business we do. By the afternoon we have a lake on our bar counter. Because of the location of the drain well and the position of hole the drain tube goes down the tube has to kink...we worked with the positioning of the tube above the plate, and beneath the machine.... nothing seems to be working. So I thought let's remove the base plate that is causing the hose to kink...I have heard to do this I need to turn off and drain my machine... disconnect power cords, drain tubes, etc... then remove base which I am told is not easy. Any input on this? Has anyone done this? I am looking for any suggestions or advice. Thanks for your suggestions!

Views: 60

Replies to This Discussion

are you referring to the drain from the brew valves what kinda machine is this i really haven't seen the fb 70 or 80 im sure its about the same, now if your referring to the drain leaking then if it is where from i know some of the drain pans (part that is under all of the groups) wont go into the drain tub and instead the water will just go around the lip(hole) and just run down the pan. what i do in that case is i take needle nose pliers or wire cutters and try to bend/nick the metal to persuade the water into the tub. i have seen brand new machines dripping all around the tub right after i installed it and customers being mad because of the manufactures flaws.

please clarify this or post some pics, if not hope this helps
Thanks, I will take pics and post tomorrow!

Bill Warnock said:
are you referring to the drain from the brew valves what kinda machine is this i really haven't seen the fb 70 or 80 im sure its about the same, now if your referring to the drain leaking then if it is where from i know some of the drain pans (part that is under all of the groups) wont go into the drain tub and instead the water will just go around the lip(hole) and just run down the pan. what i do in that case is i take needle nose pliers or wire cutters and try to bend/nick the metal to persuade the water into the tub. i have seen brand new machines dripping all around the tub right after i installed it and customers being mad because of the manufactures flaws.

please clarify this or post some pics, if not hope this helps
what kinda machine model is it????
It's a semi automatic Lenea

Bill Warnock said:
what kinda machine model is it????
Hi Shiloh,

Did you post the pictures ? I'm curious to understand better what kind of trouble you've had..

I've helped a friend to rebuild and old (20y.o.) Linea from the Brazilian Illy Coffeelab... I think I can help you
If you are just talking about the bottom stainless panel then yeah its kind of a job. Newer Marzoccos don't even have a bottem panel anymore. The panel is riveted on and can be pried off. However, you will have to unhook the water lines, take the cord cap off of the power cord, and remove the drain. Pull the power lines from the pump and plug through the panel and then using a large screw driver, pop off the panel from the frame. When you pry off the panel you might want to file down any rivets that don't pop off (they can be very sharp). Then you just have to re-install every thing. I do this this to machines that I refurb just because the bottom panel fills up with coffee and milk and is hard to keep clean.
How did you go with you Linea? I hope all is well? i use one at work and I love it.... well, apart from the stainless steel edging- clumsy. Let us know how you go with it. :-)

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service