So a little while ago I was contacted by the Polus center about trying to get an espresso machine to Nicaragua and a barista to do some training. The cafe employs land mine victims and the Polus center is tied to the Landmine Victims Trust Fund. I know Deans Beans has already donated a roaster and i would love to see the community get more involved in this especially since since the US has just decided to start making land mines again (in violation of international treaties). I have some ideas about how to do this but would love to hear other ideas. Currently Barefoot doesn't have a Nicaraguan coffee so it would be great to get a cafe involved who does.

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

Let's talk with Jana and Mike Lanz at the Western's about a machine. Instead of trying to get a company who has a Nicaraguan let's look into green Nic. that we might add to the arsenal at Barefoot. Whatever it takes, I agree that it's attainable. I didn't realize that the US was manufacturing land mines again! Sad

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service