Does anyone else think that B.E. should be somewhat exclusive to industry members only? There are so many other forums and sites that are open to the public. I'm not talking coffeed exclusive, but more along the lines of if you have something to do with the end result of a cup of coffee then you can sign up. I just worry that this will expand to fast and I will have to read someones take on coffee not in the industry (say a lawyer for example) rather then a barista, roaster, coffee sourcer etc... Not that lawyers can't have an opinion on coffee, I just don't care about it.

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know about this. If a consumer wants to now enough about their coffee that they are willing to make a profile on a website that is the "premiere networking website for the specialty coffee industry," then I think we have made an accomplishment. I don't think we'll have a problem with this, at least I hope so.
Everyone starts somewhere, and I can't count the number of people that started out as lurkers, and are now great baristas. A site like this shows what a cool community we have, and who wouldn't want to be a part of it?? Some people are home baristas, and people that are just getting into coffee, but are in other careers. Those people are future baristas and coffeehouse owners and just don't know it yet.
(With that being said, people coming in from other places and marketing crap to us, and using this as their free sales area ain't cool, either, and won't be allowed, I'm sure. Everything on here should be industry-related, for sure. The challenge is policing people is hard, policing posts is not.)

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service