Has a customer asked you a question or say something that was completely out of line? Let us know here. The most common questions and phrases will become an article for my blog.

~Jennifer

Views: 3614

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Had an older man come in and ask me to make him a mocha.
All fine and good.
While I was making the mocha, he asked me to spoon some of the grounds from the drip into the cup and stir.

I did it... But EW! He kept having me pour more and more in and had to have at least 5 tablespoons of old grounds in his mocha.
Never heard of anything like this. It takes all kinds of customers haha



Ronette Reynolds said:
Had an older man come in and ask me to make him a mocha.
All fine and good.
While I was making the mocha, he asked me to spoon some of the grounds from the drip into the cup and stir.

I did it... But EW! He kept having me pour more and more in and had to have at least 5 tablespoons of old grounds in his mocha.
He sat down to watch tv and I could see him chewing after every other drink and I felt like I was going to lose it. Whatever floats his boat, I suppose.

Jennifer Vaaler said:
Never heard of anything like this. It takes all kinds of customers haha



Ronette Reynolds said:
Had an older man come in and ask me to make him a mocha.
All fine and good.
While I was making the mocha, he asked me to spoon some of the grounds from the drip into the cup and stir.

I did it... But EW! He kept having me pour more and more in and had to have at least 5 tablespoons of old grounds in his mocha.
Had this one just yesterday.

Lady at the drive-thru window- "Is your eggnog non-alcoholic? I don't want to drink and drive."

Me- "er, yes. I am still waiting for my state issued license for alcoholic to-go drinks........" sigh.
I had a lady in today who ordered a large dirty chi. I and repeated her order to her, stating" A dirty chi, with espresso ?" to which she said "yea". I made it for her, then she changed her order to soy, and "with whipped cream please". I re made it. The whole time she is all over the counter area and telling me stories about being " at the institute" and claiming to be from Manhattan and San Diego. She clearly had a distinct Jersey accent. I hand her the re made drink, the ate the whipping cream off with a stir stick, telling me more stories about where she was from, this time it being North Jersey. When she finished off the whipped cream, she sipped her Chi and spit it on the floor, shrieking about it tasting like coffee. I said, that yes, you probably can taste the espresso in it. she clutched the counter supporting herself by her straightened arms and continued to spray spittle on the floor. I asked if she was going to be ok, she replied " maybe" I asked if she was allergic to coffee, she said no, she was lactose intolerant and didnt like coffee. I remade her drink sans espresso. she kinda whimpered. Finally, I asked her if she wanted me to call EMT's, which she didnt.

I told her I needed to help the others in the line, gave her her money back and moved on.
from an instant coffee salesman who swaggered into our cafe:
and I quote...

"you should get rid of your expresso machine and serve this instant coffee. I am a coffee connoisseur- I've traveled the world trying coffee and I know what good coffee is! This instant cappuccino can kick the pants off anything you can make with your fancy machine there."

It takes a lot to make me mad, but that did it.

Cupping notes on the instant "coffee" samples he left: complex, stale; notes of hot dogs, rancid body parts
word. drive up.

Michelle said:
Had this one just yesterday.

Lady at the drive-thru window- "Is your eggnog non-alcoholic? I don't want to drink and drive."

Me- "er, yes. I am still waiting for my state issued license for alcoholic to-go drinks........" sigh.
ya man...instant cofee and fixed speed bikes...so hip.
Attachments:
I hope you didn't taste it.




Bethany Warren said:
from an instant coffee salesman who swaggered into our cafe:
and I quote...

"you should get rid of your expresso machine and serve this instant coffee. I am a coffee connoisseur- I've traveled the world trying coffee and I know what good coffee is! This instant cappuccino can kick the pants off anything you can make with your fancy machine there."

It takes a lot to make me mad, but that did it.

Cupping notes on the instant "coffee" samples he left: complex, stale; notes of hot dogs, rancid body parts
So much for your taste buds..............



Bethany Warren said:
from an instant coffee salesman who swaggered into our cafe:
and I quote...

"you should get rid of your expresso machine and serve this instant coffee. I am a coffee connoisseur- I've traveled the world trying coffee and I know what good coffee is! This instant cappuccino can kick the pants off anything you can make with your fancy machine there."

It takes a lot to make me mad, but that did it.

Cupping notes on the instant "coffee" samples he left: complex, stale; notes of hot dogs, rancid body parts
haha...Man... you do have the best stories!


Ronette Reynolds said:
Had an older man come in and ask me to make him a mocha.
All fine and good.
While I was making the mocha, he asked me to spoon some of the grounds from the drip into the cup and stir.

I did it... But EW! He kept having me pour more and more in and had to have at least 5 tablespoons of old grounds in his mocha.
I have to say this is a bit scary, you actually know the difference in how fresh versus rancid body parts taste?!?
:)

Bethany Warren said:
Cupping notes on the instant "coffee" samples he left: complex, stale; notes of hot dogs, rancid body parts

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2022   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service