Hi all,

Wanted to share the news about an event that is in the works for November. The Southeast Regional Chapter of the BGA will be hosting a regional jam on the weekend of November 13th 2009 in Charlotte NC.

We're planning a pretty good lineup of events and presenters, including sessions on:
Competition Preparation
Dialing-In Espresso
Implementing Manual Brew Methods in a Retail Setting, and
Building your Local Coffee Community

Combine that with several open-jam sessions, the ability to play around with some top-notch equipment, convenient access to the SCAA's SBW classes that same weekend, AND the first ever All-Southeast City vs. City Latte Art Throwdown, and it should be a fun weekend.

There will also be the opportunity for interested baristas to take the BGA Level 1 Certification Test that weekend.

The cost to attend this event is $50 for BGA members, $90 for non-members. (Not a member? Go here: http://baristaguildofamerica.net/ )

More info, including links to the full schedule and registration information, will follow shortly.

Thanks!

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, yeah! Da-da-da-da-da, I'm lovin it....
Post this on the SE Coffee Family group page, as well as under Events.
Those last three sessions sound like some that I could really sink my teeth into. Rarrrh! (Sorry, just finished watching XMEN Origins: Wolverine) Lessee, $90 for non-BGA, $50 + $45=$95 for BGA membership and registration to attend. Not to mention being able to get Dancing Goats at a bargain! Time to really start saving all those pennies I find on the pavement, even the upside-down ones!
OK... finally got an info site up and running. For more on this, please visit:

www.SoutheastRegion.wordpress.com

Still setting up the registration site, should be ready this week. More info then.

b
Sounds like an awesome event. I wish I could be there. I will be sending good coffee vibes from the mid-west region!!

Joe
Joe Marrocco said:
Sounds like an awesome event. I wish I could be there. I will be sending good coffee vibes from the mid-west region!!

Joe

Thanks Joe!
There's a solid chance I'm going to make it to this Brady, I'll let you know.

I'm in need of visiting some NC friends anyway, SC isn't THAT far away, haha.

I think I have a place to sleep, but if not is there a couch somewhere? *hint, hint, nudge, nudge* haha, :0)

-bry
Sweet, Bryan. We could figure something out for sure. Where are your friends, BTW?
Davidson, NC.

Jeez... I just looked that up (BTW, typo earlier with the whole SC reference) and that's only like 30 minutes away. Hmm, this is definitely possible.

Well, I'm pretty much there then.

Let me know if you need any help with stuff.

-bry
Will be good to see ya there Bryan!

Bryan Wray said:
Davidson, NC.

Jeez... I just looked that up (BTW, typo earlier with the whole SC reference) and that's only like 30 minutes away. Hmm, this is definitely possible.

Well, I'm pretty much there then.

Let me know if you need any help with stuff.

-bry
Advance registration is now open for this event. Please visit the event page at:

www.SouthEastRegion.Wordpress.com

for more info and a link to the registration page.

I'd also like to thank our host sponsors: Counter Culture Coffee and Dilworth Coffee Company for their support so far. These guys are working hard to line up some fantastic machines and coffees for the event. Its gonna be great!
For those that are interested in BGA Level 1 Certification, there are a couple of items to note:

The 2009 SCAA Southeast Skill Building Workshop is that same weekend, November 13-15, at Dilworth Coffee, also here in Charlotte. Classes offered include Intro to Espresso, Hands on Espresso, Beginning Cupping, Comparative Cupping, and BGA Milk and Latte Art. These are recommended for certification, though not required if you have accumulated sufficient knowledge through other classes or sheer awesomeness.

Also, thanks to our friends at the SCAA and BGA Executive Council, the Official BGA Customer Service class WILL be offered as part of the Jam. Completion of this class is required to receive Level 1 Certification. Here's your chance to take it without flying to the west coast... so don't miss it.

ALSO... Jason Dominy and others will be administering the BGA Level 1 Certification test at Dilworth Coffee on Sunday the 15th. There is no cost for BGA or SCAA members to take this test.

So... if you are a BGA member and are interested in certification, we've got you covered. Spaces for all of these are limited, so please register if you are interested.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service