I am a roaster wholesaler and brew cold press coffee in a commercial toddy to offer cups of of iced coffee at a local farmers market. People love my cold press blend because I use light roasted Yergecheffee and medium Burundi in it. 

Anyway, I am thinking about trying to sell 64 oz growlers of the concentrate both directly to consumers at the FM and to my wholesale accounts to use to make iced coffee. I see Dunn Brothers Coffee just started doing this. Does anyone have any experience in this? What do you usually charge? Are their best containers to use? Thoughts or suggestions?

Views: 410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Joseph

Sorry can't help you on the growler.
I wanted to ask you about your setup at your farmers market.
We do the same and wanted to introduce iced coffee, just wondering about hoe you do it.

Thanks
Derryl
joseph,it is realy good businees i think,please give to me information about thise, if you find out information about cold press coffee.Thanks and keep in touch
we used to do this weekly for a shop here in new orleans. we just got 1/2 gal milk jugs with caps from a local bar supply company, printed our own labels and delivered them like that in milk crates. you might also consider a smaller container, for those rare customers that wont drink a gallon in a week.

for farmers market setup, ive used (frozen) cambros to serve from. just make sure to dilute your cold brew before getting out there, i personally dont like the taste of garden hose in my coffee.

good luck, greg.
Derryl,

I have 10x10 canopy, 5 three liter airpots, two cambros, and then I sell my whole bean coffee in craft bags. We don't have water or electric at our FM so I brew everything ahead of time. Works pretty good. Also sell some french presses and teas.

Derryl Reid said:
Hi Joseph

Sorry can't help you on the growler.
I wanted to ask you about your setup at your farmers market.
We do the same and wanted to introduce iced coffee, just wondering about hoe you do it.

Thanks
Derryl
Greg,

What did you charge for a half gal of cold press concentrate?

Greg Hill said:
we used to do this weekly for a shop here in new orleans. we just got 1/2 gal milk jugs with caps from a local bar supply company, printed our own labels and delivered them like that in milk crates. you might also consider a smaller container, for those rare customers that wont drink a gallon in a week.

for farmers market setup, ive used (frozen) cambros to serve from. just make sure to dilute your cold brew before getting out there, i personally dont like the taste of garden hose in my coffee.

good luck, greg.
Hi Joseph

I have a similar set up, I bring my brewers (2 bunn pour overs) and water jugs!
My question was going to be: Do you do Iced coffee drinks? and if so how do you mange your Ice?
We had a great season last year cause the summer was pretty cool. This sumer looks like a hot one and we wanted to add iced coffee.

Sorry to go off topic!

Thanks
Derryl


Joseph Zimmermann said:
Derryl,

I have 10x10 canopy, 5 three liter airpots, two cambros, and then I sell my whole bean coffee in craft bags. We don't have water or electric at our FM so I brew everything ahead of time. Works pretty good. Also sell some french presses and teas.

Derryl Reid said:
Hi Joseph

Sorry can't help you on the growler.
I wanted to ask you about your setup at your farmers market.
We do the same and wanted to introduce iced coffee, just wondering about hoe you do it.

Thanks
Derryl
Derryl,

I just put the mixed iced coffee in a gallon jug or a small cambro. I have a cooler that I put bags of ice in and scoop it out of the bag swith a small scoop into the cold cup and then fill it up with the cold press coffee from the cambro. I also offer to put a pump or two of cane sugar syrup in the cup to sweeten it before I add the coffee. It works pretty and is pretty fool proof. I charge $2.50 included tax for a 16 oz cup of it.

Derryl Reid said:
Hi Joseph

I have a similar set up, I bring my brewers (2 bunn pour overs) and water jugs!
My question was going to be: Do you do Iced coffee drinks? and if so how do you mange your Ice?
We had a great season last year cause the summer was pretty cool. This sumer looks like a hot one and we wanted to add iced coffee.

Sorry to go off topic!

Thanks
Derryl


Joseph Zimmermann said:
Derryl,

I have 10x10 canopy, 5 three liter airpots, two cambros, and then I sell my whole bean coffee in craft bags. We don't have water or electric at our FM so I brew everything ahead of time. Works pretty good. Also sell some french presses and teas.

Derryl Reid said:
Hi Joseph

Sorry can't help you on the growler.
I wanted to ask you about your setup at your farmers market.
We do the same and wanted to introduce iced coffee, just wondering about hoe you do it.

Thanks
Derryl

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2021   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service