On our first Christmas together, my wife and I decided that we should get a special coffee to drink Christmas morning. Many years ago it was the special-order Jamaica Blue Mountain that our local shop in Burlington VT (Uncommon Grounds) would order just for the holidays. Then we moved to coffee-hell (aka Eastern NC) and suspended this tradition for a few years... internet ordering apparently didn't occur to us :). Charlotte has been far kinder in terms of good coffee offerings - a nice freshly-roasted Papua New Guinea did a reasonable job for the past 2 years, but I'm used to this level of quality now so the bar has been raised. I need a super-special Christmas coffee - something with a nice sweetly-balanced acidity, decent body, darker fruit, good complexity, maybe some earthier aspects... I have a couple in mind, but wanted to throw this out to the group too.

So here's the survey:
Do you do this?
What will you be drinking on Christmas morning this year?
What should I order for the big day?

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My pound of Sumatra was very well enjoyed with my pops and the rest of my family who came over. How did your holiday brew go over?
Mine went over pretty well. This batch of Rwanda is a little different than the last, and didn't do as well dripped (which is how I do my first pot of the day). Didn't actually get a chance to french-press some until just now (since I opened at the shop Fri and Sat), but it really came alive. Still working on exactly what I'm smelling and tasting, but Chad did a nice job... flavor is mellow roasted lemon with full round sweetness. Just enough roast to bring up nice caramel aromas. Something else on the nose that still eludes me, but it'll come to me.

Hope your holiday brews were enjoyable.

b
The Caffé Pronto Holiday Blend hit the right note on Christmas morning and thoughout the day.

"Striking aromatics and a flavor bursting with sugar and spice notes. [and] …Chocolaty Fragrance with Notes of Spice Sugared Plums and Almonds in Cup — a coffee that resembles the season." according to the Caffé Pronto website. It's a blend of a Yirgacheffe, a Sidamo, a Panama and another Central American single origin coffee.

French Press. Tra la la la.
We served Black Canyon by the Steaming Bean out of Telluride, Colorado. (order online)
YUM!
Everyone Loved it!
www.thebean.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service