What could cause the separation of a shot off a superautomatic?

One of our techs sent me this picture, and said he has a customer that has a couple of supers in his home, and every once in a while he gets a shots that has clear separation. The bottom is thick and black, the top, almost straight water. Not having a ton of experience on troubleshooting supers, I am at a loss. Anyone know?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"super"-channeling? LOL. My only guess is that at least one layer is NOT water-based. Coffee and water have such similar densities that they are completely miscible. The only thing that comes to mind is the tablets used to clean the brew-group. Maybe some are trapped in the chute and are occasionally being extracted in addition to the coffee. The other possibility is that his machine has a love for scientific experimentation, and has centerfuged his espresso while he was away.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service