Today I am enjoying a very nice organic Sumatra from Salt Lake Roasting Company in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Coffee always tastes better when on vacation.

All the best,

Spencer

Views: 3314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Drinking Panama Elida Estate and Ethiopia Beloya #8 both from PTs. Both are very tasty coffees that I suggest you try.

Jeff Taylor said:
I'm drinking 2008 harvest of Finca Cerro Paldo from Costa Rica.
Guatemala Finca El Injerto Pacamara! A nice day to live in Portland, french press, grey skies, Saturday. This coffee is so savory and has a very nice balanced acidity and sweetness. Fresh stone fruit and citrus.
Meaning of Life drip coffee blend from Caffe D'Arte.
Costa Rican. Espresso doppio pulled ristretto. Nutty and nice
Tanzania Blackburne Estate, roasted just past second crack two days ago, two ounces pulled in 27 seconds at 202 degrees. Delicious.
I'm enjoying an Ethiopian Sidamo from PT's. It's AMAZING!!!
Interesting!
I am enjoying a locally roasted Sidamo. 3rd day and I am starting to get a really strong blue?berry and a bit of chocolate.
nice!
El Salvador Finca Kilimajaro, with a nice city roast, that I roasted myself and rested two days, mmmm....
I'm drinking Peru Apurimac, I roasted to just the hint of second crack it's sweet and just a little bright, with a surprising body for a South American.

I'm sipping on it as I roast for the morning, happy because it's 30 some odd degrees warmer today than it was yesterday.
This morning I had...well I suppose you could call it an Americano of sorts. I brewed double strength with my AeroPress and then used equal parts coffee and hot water. It was surprisingly good. I had White Rock Coffee's (Dallas, TX) Sweet Yellow Brazil and it brought out some interesting darker notes and a fuller body than with the press. In the press it's like drinking a cup of honey...mmmmmm
That's what I was getting too. My first sip of it was like drinking a bowl full of berries. People thought I was crazy for sniffing an open bag of it.
Richard Penney said:
Interesting!
I am enjoying a locally roasted Sidamo. 3rd day and I am starting to get a really strong blue?berry and a bit of chocolate.
nice!
City roast Guatemalan from San Rafael Coffee Co. out of Ann Arbor, MI earlier this morning. Great stuff. I'm going to try it as a SO in a little bit, but I think it's going to be a little too bright given what I taste from the Chemex and knowing the temperature on our machine... oh well...
For lunch I had a Perkulator from Dark Horse Brewing Co (Marshall, MI). Great coffee dopplebock, one of the best "coffee beers" I think I have ever had.
Tonight we should finally get to tap this keg of Dogfishhead Indian Brown Ale. And just so ya'll understand, our shop is a cafe/restaurant/bar, so it's not like I just have kegs of micro-brew sitting around my house, haha. My shift starts at 9:00p and I am pretty sure I'm going to brew some of the PNG Full City (also from San Rafael). It has a killer aroma and I'm excited to try it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service