I'm interested to hear people's feedback on their revenue impact for seasons. Specifically, I've noted a 30% decline in revenue's at my shop from October of last year until now. Most of the decline has occurred in the last 2-4 weeks. I can assume much of that is the busy holidays. My other thought is that the "new years resolutions" phase may not be revenue healthy for our customers focusing on cutting $$ and calories. We've tried to offset this by offering discounts and target marking on sugar-free and fat-free products to little avail. But, again the 30% drop seems way to excessive.
FYI - My operation is drive thru and outside seating only.

Questions:
1. What are others experience in revenue impacts throughout the year and seasons? I'd love to see some numbers (e.g. percents are fine) for responses versus subjective feedback only.
2. Other marketing ideas for early months of the year?

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When it is colder people tend to drink more coffee.

Have you researched if there are any new cafe's recently opened in your area?

Did your competition lower prices?

Is there any road construction in the area?

Was there anything out of the ordinary that effected sales last year?

Try marketing and promoting core products and build a strong campaign around quality and consistency - sugar-free and fat-free may have limited appeal and not resonate with regular coffee drinkers.

Hope that helps? Please let us know what you learn so we can provide more assistance.
Thanks for the detailed response. I'm not sure if you are interested in direct answers, but I'll go ahead and give them.
No new cafes
No
No
No
...My supplier believes it's a seasonal and area trend, but I'm not convinced. The 30% drop seems way too high. In regards to marketing ideas, what's your take on using large (15") digital photo albums that constanty display new specials, products, etc. Any specifics would be great.
Yes, based on your responses 30% drop does seem extreme.

Try talking with you customers and determine if they can provide any insight.

try lo-tech marketing first, in my opinion - rent a chicken suit and flag down the cars on the road to get them to stop by your drive-thru!
Good, thanks for the insight.
I have a mobile coffee business where I go into offices and take orders at my customer's desk. I have an established clientele and see the same customers consistently. From Thanksgiving through to last week, people were not buying coffee - reasons: saving money for Christmas, need to pay Christmas bills, and New Year's resolutions. So there was a significant drop in business around the holidays. But it seems to be coming out of it. I'm getting more orders for the diet buster drinks and selling much more baked goods.

I don't have any marketing ideas but if you come up with anything, would you share them with me?
Business is always down that time of year. Not usually that high, but there are many things that could be a factor and some have been listed in other comments. Plus, alot of people get and give coffee and gift cards for other places for Christmas, so you gotta get through all that. You just gotta be patient, and while things are slow, get alot of organizational stuff done. Use the time to take a look at your menu and tweak it if necessary. Use it to spend some time refreshing training with your baristas. There's alot that can be done to help strengthen your business when the customers come back!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service