Anyone using an AeroPress in their shops for custom brewed coffees?

We are seriously thinking about offering a custom brewed coffee program using the AeroPress, and was wondering if anyone else was doing this, and if you are, how are you pricing your coffee? It seems the cost of coffee needed for the cup is a good bit more than with traditional drip brew, so pricing will have to reflect that. Any thoughts?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used to have an excellsheet on the subject. If you want i can look it up for you.

Greets
Djaya
Here's the file

Hope it helps, formulas are in dutch but if you want an explanation just mail me

Greets
Djaya
Attachments:
For what its worth, our press-to-order pricing (for a 12oz cup) is $2 conventional blends, $2.50 for organic and the Guat, maybe $4 for the reserve. This is for a single cup, pressed to order and given in a mug or go cup. Haven't sold many though, so not sure how well-received this pricing actually is.

We were inspired by the approach that Intelly took with their clover-made cup. I still think they are a good model, even if you are talking about aeropress, french press, or melitta instead of Clover.
Cool. Thanks Brady. That's good information. I really like the idea of being able to brew any coffee we have. I am drinking our Guat I made for Pete, and it's really good.

Brady said:
For what its worth, our press-to-order pricing (for a 12oz cup) is $2 conventional blends, $2.50 for organic and the Guat, maybe $4 for the reserve. This is for a single cup, pressed to order and given in a mug or go cup. Haven't sold many though, so not sure how well-received this pricing actually is.

We were inspired by the approach that Intelly took with their clover-made cup. I still think they are a good model, even if you are talking about aeropress, french press, or melitta instead of Clover.
Here's an explanation added

Greets
Djaya
Attachments:
I have not had the opportunity to run a cost analysis (previous owners left the database and UI in a mess), but the customer response to AeroPress'd coffee has been positive. We do not have a drip system, which is something I am studying up on. We are selling the AeroPress'd coffee as Americano's: 1.75, 2.25, 2.75...we add 50 cents for our local premium single origin...right now it is a fast way for us to provide our customers with a premium product over a brewed cup, giving them a little show for their buck...it's a quick, quality cup and customers appreciate that added labor of love...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service