In the last week or so I have been getting a lot of spam from "coffee" related companies who picked up my e-mail from CoffeeFest reg (I assume)...
Anyone else experiencing this?
Kind of annoying and unexpected...

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe all exhibitors get a list of attendees with their email if it was provided. It's just funny when they say "thanks for coming to our booth" or when even our competitors will email about their programs ... I have gotten used to deleting any immediately if I am not interested.

- Matt
Colin....... Yes, and as for annoying, I can't really say it is. I attend a reasonable amount of trade shows each year and get unsolicited mail from all of them. That's the power of email-marketing I guess. I signed up for the recent Seattle show, but conflicting business travel put me into Tucson-Phoenix, and I couldn't change my travel plans. While I wasn't at the show, I'm still getting allot of "constant contact" generated emails. But that's OK. I go into my spam filter suspect file, and click on coffee emails just to see what familiar vendors are up to. Some of the emails have actually been informative. Just this AM I found out that Rancilio opened sales in Spain. (now there's something that could change my life.) Anyway, with the power of the spam filter, I'm in control. I can now willfully choose between information on enlarging a certain body part or seeing who has the "greenest" paper cups. Lucky me.
As a vendor - I'll weigh in on this! We usually will send a one time email to people about our POS system. I try to make sure that those are informative and that they only go to the retail / owners on the list. It's tough on our side as we often hear from people who just did not make it through the whole show - so a quick email makes sense. We also will cold call from that list to introduce ourselves. If someone is not interested, it's easy to mark them off the list and make sure we don't bother them again.

I find that a lot of people just don't provide the email address if they don't want the email. I agree with Matt and Andrew in that the "thanks for visiting" messages bug me - they are pretty useless.
Yeah, Colin...Me too with the spam. I thought my being annoyed was just due to me becoming grumpier with age...So I'm glad you mentioned it!
Andrew Hetzel said:
I am getting grumpier with age; thought that it was just a realization that many youthful dreams will go unfilled. Maybe it's the junk mail!

Stickman said:
Yeah, Colin...Me too with the spam. I thought my being annoyed was just due to me becoming grumpier with age...So I'm glad you mentioned it!

Wait, stop...You're quantifying my dis-satisfaction. Just let me get old and not know why I'm getting grumpy; too depressing.
I was whining about being in my forties... to a guy approaching 70...
BIG MISTAKE!
He yelled over his pint of Irish Ale: "I would GIVE MY EYE TEETH to Be 40-X Again you ungrateful little whupper-snapper!!!"

Kid you not.
Living and loving my 40's more than ever.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service