To all the baristas shop owners please help me! I will be taking part in the barista champs few weeks from now so i have no idea what to do. So please if you can help that would be great coz they telling me that i must have a theme and i don't have any. I'm just a simple guy from soweto. please help

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Tshepo! I don't know if you are aware of the world barista championships available to view on ustreamtv? But they can be a great place to start and notice technical, timing and visual aspects of competition. Although smell/taste-o-vision are not available :< The videos are not only entertaining and insightful but may help the creative juices start to flow...observe and be inspired.

www.ustream.tv/channel/2008-world-barista-championship-live-video

Best wishes and hope to see a video of YOU serving up your favorite coffee soon!!!!!
Do you want to play off of your heritage? What flavors are key to your region/ heritage what symbols. Do you guys bring your own cups or do you have to use what is provided (it could be a way to tie into the theme).
I've seen competitions but I'm still new to the industry so I'm just brain storming here...
watch the videos...they are super insightful. kyle glanville's 2008 usbc performance: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/395013. Also see if you can find videos of the other USBC finalists: Pete Licata, Heather Perry, Chris Baca, Nick Griffith & Drew Cattlin. just take this regional experience as an opportunity to learn more about the barista culture, and most of all...have fun
you do not need a "theme". Stay cool, talk about your coffee, treat the judges as customers (and on the flip side, treat all of your customers as judges) and most of all......be yourself.

sandy "certified judge" hon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service