What an amazing weekend! I just got back last night from the Coffee Fest Seattle, where it was so great to meet up with friends and to meet so many of my "friends" here on bX in person. :)

I will be uploading more pictures in the next day or so but I wanted to take a moment to express how happy I am for my friend, and past American Barista & Coffee School gradute, Hiroshi Sawada of Caffe Milkart, Tokyo, Japan, who won first place in the Millrock Latte Art Competition. Hiroshi has been competing in at every Coffee Fest for the past few years and finally came thru with the winning pour. He is the sweetest guy ever and is a great ambassador for the coffee industry.

After winning, Hiroshi donated his $5000 prize directly to Coffee Kids. His generosity, dedication and love for the industry is something we can all learn from.

Congratulations Hiroshi!

- Matt

Views: 1786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thought I would chime in here...

Caffe Milkart is in the Umeda area of Osaka at the Hankyu San-Bangai. I am very familiar with the area as it is about a ten minute walk from where we usually stay. So if you want to see Hiroshi in action, go to Osaka!
I'm very impressed with Hiroshi's win but more so with his heart. Way to go Hiroshi ! - Steve

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service