Over the past six months we've undergone a major change of staff, and realized that we need to step up our training program. We strive to hire people with experience whenever neccessary, but in order to meet our staffing needs, we do often have to settle with minimal or no experience.

The current basic training program is over three days during shifts: day one is just on pulling shots, day two is milk, and day three has both the trainee and trainer on the bar, one pulling shots and the other dealing with milk (this will switch off during the day), and the trainee assembling the drinks. On days two and three, training starts a half hour before we open to review the previous day.

There's a lot lacking: a dedicated section to cleaning (not just the end of night, but maintenance throughout the day), readings (suggestions for this are welcome, right now we're picking out sections of various barista manuals), etc.

I'd also be interested in hearing about how other training programs are laid out.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a loaded question. 3 days training is not much. In some shops its more like 3 month and then only after you pass a test (written and practical). I wouldn't worry too much about hiring people without experience. What you want more is people with drive, heart and passion to learn.

The trick is to get everyone interested in coffee. Weekly cuppings, and latte art demonstrations are great. Look for some web footage of former rbc (barista championships),attend a coffee convention and barista championship, visit other shops and report back what was good, bad and ugly, subscribe to barista magazine.

Some great coffee books are Scotts Rao's "The Professional Barista's Handbook", "Starbucked" by Taylor Clark, 'God in a Cup" Michaele Weissman, "Uncommon Grounds" Mark Pendergrast, "The Book of Coffee: A Gourmet's Guide" Francesco Illy and Riccardo Illy,
David Shomers stuff http://www.espressovivace.com/books_videos.html
BELLISSIMO PRODUCTS http://espresso101.com/coffee_espresso_products.html

It would be great to set a time aside where you can meet every week or two and "play coffee"
Good response Mike. The key, I believe is not trying to find someone who is already experienced but rather find someone who has the attitude and personality that you want. If someone is driven and passionate about learning, they will learn if you give them the tools possible to learn.

At the same token, there is a lot to cover and I don't think 3 days comes close to cutting it. When a program is formed in a way where becoming a barista is a honor and a huge responsibility you will see your employees take ownership in what they are doing and strive for a higher quality.

I would suggest trying to put a training program into place and requiring a certification test before an employee is allowed to work behind the bar. It is important that an employee believes in their product and is also confident in their skills if they are going to be serving it.

mike cubbage said:
I wouldn't worry too much about hiring people without experience. What you want more is people with drive, heart and passion to learn. The trick is to get everyone interested in coffee. Weekly cuppings, and latte art demonstrations are great. Look for some web footage of former rbc (barista championships),attend a coffee convention and barista championship, visit other shops and report back what was good, bad and ugly, subscribe to barista magazine.

Good replies by both so far! I would concur that 3 days isnt nearly enough time. Here at Temple, I would say its an average of about 20 hours before we allow newbies behind the reg.
Great question! Initial training is one thing. It's different for each person you train, and depends on so many details. Their learning capacity, how they learn, their background in the industry, their attitude, how much time a day, how many days a week. Initial training takes a preplanned amount of time sure. But training should not end there. It's about observation, continued training. Staff meetings, regular cuppings, one on one sessions for review, it can all be very helpful.

Our training program is in constant review. We are always looking for ways to improve how we teach. We are consistantly looking to add/ edit tests, training outlines, manuals, and reveiws.
I'm in agree with all the replies, I would like to also include cleaning, I think that should be lesson one cleanliness, I have often seen baristas work space not up to par, but some costumers come in looking for something to complain about so I would drill cleanliness to the Newbies, as mention being a barista is an honor, and to keep up with our standards some things must not be overlooked, also if you only have 3 days, you have to train with a lil bit of touch and feel, you don't want to intimidate them with all the information so you want to easy the pressure by letting them ease into the position, rushing it can be disastrous!!Last but not least I'm a former Starbucks Barista, and I would like to say their system(science) is what taught me, to become and strive on being better at my craft.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service