As part of my market research for opening a café here in Mexico City, I came up with a café critique score sheet with explanations of the different categories. You can download it here and use it to evaluate cafés or you can critique or add and/or subtract things from it. I use it to have a quantifiable evaluation of the 'competition' rather than just saying that one's better than that one and so on.

As with any criticism all is subjective and based on taste and previous learning and experience, so you can take this and make it you own.

Surprisingly, (or not) Starbucks is scoring quite high....

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for sharing your list. It will also make a great self evaluation sheet.
How is everything going with your cafe? My family lives in Mexico City so I get down there frequently. I have an MBA in entrepreneurship and Latin American business, speak fluent Spanish, and own 2 successful cafes up here. Let me know if you could use my help sometime I go down for a few weeks... making marketing materials, a training program, etc.

Tatiana

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service