This place is famous in Boston(somerville) for its espresso. Depending on who's behind bar (as always) you can get a perfect double shot here any day. Never tried the sandwiches or food, but I can definitely vouch for the espresso. Ceramic was preheated, nice thick crema and a smooth nutty finish. Other drinks look good too, several baristas repeatedly steamed very well textured milk and stuck to high preparation standards. One thing I've gotta say is that this place is laid out really well from an employee standpoint. line moves quickly with two registers, and plenty of breathing room behind bar. Food prepared farther down the line, and large fridges are out of the way. Everyone had good elbow room, and overall this place handles large lines efficiently without quality sacrifice. Prices were about the same as most boston coffeeshops, 2-2.50 for a double shot. I hate it when I forget to ask the barista's name, but the short-haired petite girl who made my drink was awesome. The back had pool tables, a photo booth and more bar-like attractions. Maybe someday I'll prioritize the entertainment there over the espresso... maybe. Ask anyone in Boston, this is the place to go for consistent espresso.

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good to hear, I have seen a few of these folks in our (Intelly Chicago) training lab tweaking out their skill set under the tutelage of one Ms. Alex Switzer. Its awesome to see shops care enough to put their baristas through that kind of training and even better to hear that it is paying off. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to make it out there.
Back in my Davis Square days I'd hang at Diesel and read James Joyce after work. I think I stuck to the drip, and even that is a hazy memory, but the atmosphere I can vouch for without hesitation. Gettin' all nostalgic for my misspent youth here...
"but the short-haired petite girl who made my drink was awesome"

I HOPE THAT WAS ME! :):):)

thanks for the kind words guys, we work really hard at training our staff. i love working with intelli.

congrats on the usbc mike!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service