...as a well-built, cheap, semi-automatic espresso machine? It would be really cool if I could work on drink mixing and latte art from my apartment when I'm not on the job. I'm sort of new to being a barista, so I'm not too sure of what I'm looking for or where to look. I've caroused espressoparts.com and found some that were perfect -- with exception to price. Could anyone recommend some models, or places I could begin looking?

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jason - yeah that's a great setup and those new Silvia's do look nice

Jason Dominy said:
Easy, under $1k full home setup: Rancilio Silvia and Baratza Vario. Full quality, great espresso, and the ability to make great drinks for under a grand total. And sometimes wholelattelove.com has great deals on refurbished Silvias.
If you're looking for the most bang for your buck, the Le'Lits from 1-st-line.com are hard to beat at their price point.
There's a very affordable combo, the PL042, as well —built in Lux grinder, fairly forgiving group, etc.
The short steam wands can be a pain, initially, but being that there's a steeper learning-curve with these machines, they'll force you to up your skills and find workarounds that will make using a commercial machine seem like cake.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service