Espresso (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

strada steam wands

anyone else finding the strada's steam wands to be really annoying? ours take almost 4 seconds to stop spurting out steam after turned off-…

Started by johnny Norton

12 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by Dustin DeMers

Portafilters in Groupheads! (or, as Happy Gilmore would say, "are you too good for your home?!")

Okay, folks, here's the problem... I work at a shop that I really, really like, BUT they're primarily focused on food and music; the coffee…

Started by Melissa Rothacker

6 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by Brady

Barista Tools/ Espresso Tools

Hello All,   I am in search of really unique tamps, brushes, aprons, and pitchers...   Any ideas?   Thanks!

Started by Amanda Hanke

4 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Mike McGinness

Robusta Whole Bean Coffee

I really want to use get ahold of some robusta whole bean coffee for home brewing purposes. Does anyone know where I can get some or have s…

Started by Jasmine Arielle Grantham

4 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Jasmine Arielle Grantham

Do you time your shots off your spouted or naked portafilter?

So by definition, a good espresso is extracted at a time of 20-30 seconds. And I already know all the considerations like blonding and diff…

Started by Rob Morrisey

3 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by Dustin DeMers

What's the best way to make an iced latte?

From what I have discovered, when making an iced latte it's always best to mix the milk and espresso before adding ice. Simply so the ice d…

Started by Clint Rowan

9 Aug 29, 2011
Reply by Rob Morrisey

How do I fix the espresso machine to where there is the proper texture and amount of crema per shot?

I recently started a new barista job and they are using an Aetoria fully automatic. Anytime I pull a shot the creama comes out bubbly and t…

Started by Jasmine Arielle Grantham

34 Aug 25, 2011
Reply by Mickael

Latte flavoring without the sugar

I have the pleasure and honor of developing a cafe's concept for their coffee.  I am interesting in straying away from the usual flavored s…

Started by Jason Raz

10 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Jason Raz

Must-visit shops in PDX?

Next month (late September) SCAA will have its annual leadership meetings in Portland to plan for the big Event next spring. I haven't been…

Started by Marshall Fuss

10 Aug 22, 2011
Reply by Marshall Fuss

International Coffee Drinks- anything for Africa?

Our shop is rolling out an "international special" where we have a wide variety of coffee and espresso preparations from different countrie…

Started by Ian C.

1 Aug 22, 2011
Reply by Jimmy B

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service