manager, coffee grower, home barista, coffee enthusiast
Where are you located? ( City and Country )
Alfenas - Brazil
How many years have you been in the industry?
If you are a barista or shop, are you interested in a barista exchange with another coffee shop/barista?
With a degree in Law and MBA with emphasis in Marketing, I was invited to work with coffee in 2001 and ran the Cafés do Brasil Marketing Program for the promotion of specialty coffees for the Ministry of Agriculture, was the Executive Director of Brazil Specialty Coffee Association and a member of the International Relations Council (SCAA) and the Brazilian National Chapter Coordinator (SCAE). Nowadays Bressani is in charge of New Business Development, Marketing and Institutional Relations at Ipanema Coffees (specialty coffee farm in Brazil). I am also a member of Rules and Regulations Committee (World Barista Championship), the President of the Brazilian Barista and Coffee Association (ACBB), author of the book "The Barista Guide", orchestrator of the Barista Community at Peabirus (Brazil) and orchestrator of the Barista Community at Coffee Club Network (ICO).
About My Company:
• One of the world’s largest coffee growers
• Brazil’s largest specialty coffee producer
• One of Brazil’s top 30 coffee exporting companies
• Over 5,500 hectares (13,750 acres) fully devoted to coffee
• Prime location in the most traditional coffee region in Brazil – Sul de Minas (Alfenas and Conceicao do Rio Verde)
• Over 30 years of coffee business experience
• Focused on producing and selling differentiated outstanding quality coffees
• Over 12 million coffee trees
• Average production 150,000 coffee bags
• Advanced agricultural technology
• High productivity
• Professional management
• 600 permanent employees
• More than 1,200 jobs during harvest period (April till September)
• Present in more than 15 countries
• All farms are located in Sul de Minas region, Brazil’s most traditional coffee region. Subtropical climate. Three different farms (located 850 to 1360 meters above sea level)
• Ipanema was the first Brazilian company certified in compliance with the UTZ KAPEH Code of Conduct
• Ipanema was also the first Brazilian company to be independently certified in compliance with the EUREP GAP - Good Agricultural Practices Protocol
• Starbucks C.A.F.E Practices (Strategic Supplier)
• Biggest supplier of Rainforest Alliance certified coffees
What we offer
• High productivity and production, several preparation options, uniform quality
• Full range of qualities, process traceability from seed to cup
• One of Brazil’s largest processing infrastructure
• Supply continuity and consistenc, flexibility and agility in meeting customers’ requirements
• Focused on long term relationships, agricultural and commercial expertise
Edgar...went to the Ipanema website. One of the most artistically beautiful I have ever seen. I am working on a project and have questions about Brasilian coffee blends now being used for commercial Brasilian-domestic blends, ie, "Pilao", or the old "Cafe do Ponto" marcas. What is the best way to contact you? Do you have a phone number I can call?
Im a new barista, I work at Starbucks. I also new in barista exchange, i love coffee very much. If u have some knowledge that U want to share. Im willing to listen thx. I want to learn more about coffee, everything. Any suggest where can I get it?
hi Edgard . good to be here from you
are you gonna visiting in korea? sounds good !!
unfortunately i am in santa monica .ca
just arrived yesterday.
stay a couple of months and then heading to central, south america. absolutely going to brazil. let's keep in touch
see you there Edgard.
have a good trip and stay cool in korea.
Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!