So, what shall we talk about, gals?

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

Handbags and make up, obviously. *grin*
Indeed, accessories and face powder should take their rightful place in our top ten discussion categories, but, seeing as we’re so unbelievably smart, we should probably keep that as our little secret, no? ;)
Is this group affiliated with the SCAA Women in Coffee group?
Um, I'm not really sure. Best to ask Andi, who started the group.

http://www.baristaexchange.com/profile/AndiCTrindle
Hi to all,

We are not directly affiliated with the International Women's Coffee Alliance (IWCA), which is what I think you're probably talking about? I'm currently president of the IWCA, though, and one thing we haven't been able to do as a largely volunteer non-profit is to get a form started where women in coffee can connect and support each other in the industry . . . and beyond. This seemed like a perfect way to start connecting and conversing.

Of course, I didn't really have a particular question or conversation in mind. . . . I guess I am curious to know what women in coffee need/want in general, though. The IWCA has an excellent board with many great ideas and are we are making solid progress, but we haven't yet really connected with the broader industry to ask what type of support women might want.

Any ideas? Any things that would be helpful to support each other?

Best wishes,
Andi

Please forgive any small typos caused by the necessity of using voice dictation.
Andi,

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering what the connection was between this group and the IWCA. I've been roasting for our business in Nashville for a little over a year and think it would be great to connect with other women who are roasting. I don't know if this is the best forum for that, but I look forward to the SCAA conference to meet other women in the industry.
Hi Kris and other women roasters on this thread,

Hopefully, we can use this as a forum for you to connect up with other women roasters. I know there are at least a few signed up so far, so you could probably shoot any questions or comments you have around and see what kind of response you get.

I think this will only be as active and effective as we make it.

Will you come to the breakfast at the SCAA? That's a great way to meet and connect with a large group of women in coffee.

Best wishes,
Andi

Please forgive any small typos caused by the necessity of using voice dictation.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service