we need to find a way to offer newcomers to our city alternatives to sbux and caribou for their coffee while they stay with us here. I know our great city has some great independent coffee to offer, how do we spread the word?

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

I try to tell and bring friends to the coffee shops that promote great coffee and great coffee making. Once they try the coffee and the espresso, they're usually hooked - and then they tell their friends...
I'm kinda thinking out loud here so please bare with me as I ramble... My perception is that the Twin Cities are dominated by the Chains, which ain't a terrible thing IMO. For evidence, check out this link off the SCAA trades how page which provides a map of "local" coffee shops:

http://conference.scaa.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=vi...

As our independent community grows I'd like to see something along the lines of a co-op whose purpose is to raise the bar quality-wise through training, educating, and "jamming" (thank you, Kevin) WHILE promoting the independent coffee scene.

Of course, these are merely thoughts. I'm not quite certain if I have the time (or knowledge) it requires to take action... though I can take Steve H's advice and bring a friend to my favorite joints.
Minneapolis is great in the fact that it has quite an array of independent shops.

The unfortunate problem with this is that I can actually get a more consistent, and in cases better beverage/product from one of the chain stores..

This makes me sad.

It'd be nice to unite Minneapolis' baristas and have latte art sessions/throw downs.

we should talk to some of the shops. and see if they're interested?
or interested in hosting...
i.e. Kopplins/Black Sheep/Common Roots
I'd be really interested to meet Baristas in the Minneapolis area on a level ground instead of in there shop feeling uncomfortable and not wanting to tell them what to do.

Or in my shop having them tell me what to do..

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service