Ok gang, I would like some advice here. I have a Grimac Royal Falcon, Diadema machine and a Mazzer Super Jolly grinder with flat burrs. I noticed this week our shots smell/taste burnt. I cleaned machine well, which I do everyday but did some extra. Checked temp, 201 degrees. no change. Then I noticed a bit burned smell right our of grinder. I cleaned grinder. The burrs looked like might be dull. I ordered new. I know they are old! I have contacted my roaster and they're going to come around when I get the new burrs.

However I wondered what all of you thought?? Thanks in advance

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

Hello brian,maybe your humidity at your area reaching down so the bean will be dry. Yesterday i got some burn with my espresso also. I try to setup again my grinder and no p000roblem with the burnt smelling shots again
When that happend to me once it were the burrs. They were dull and burnt the beans. As it is 20 days since you wrote this - what happened? Got good coffee again?
;-)

Joey

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service