A little background; I find myself being the new owner of a 14 year old coffeehouse. The last two owners have tried to squeeze out as much as they can in profits and eventually burned out. The last two owners have not had any sort of a training program and have let the employees basically run the business. I am finally returning to the world of coffee after a 10 year hiatus and am looking for some ideas on where to start my training program.
My ideas are to start with: 1) personal hygiene 2) customer service 3) start with seed to cup training 4) move into professional training techniques.
What do you think? Where should I start?

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

Dave:

Start with a dress code it's the fastest way to weed out those who don't care. 2. Service, Service Service...it is what will separate you faster than anything else from your competition. 3. Then get the DVD - "The Passionate Harvest" it will do your basic seed to cup training in 64 minutes with all your staff at once. 4. Then ask each of your staff to explain/show how they make a basic latte, capp etc...

Hope that helps
Peggy,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message. Do you know where I can find a copy of "The Passionate Harvest"? I know I am on to somethng because I have done exactly what you recomended except for the video training, and yes some have left.

Thanks,
-Dave Patterson
Dave:

Go to espresso101.com the site is run by Bellissimo Coffee Info Group. On the site you'll find lots of fun things to purchase. I have the video and it is part of the 1st day of training for all staff members. Also, you will have to be the "Example" for everything. Make sure that the steps/procedures you have in place you personally follow to the "T". Let me know how it goes.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service