What motivates you and in turn your staff. What have you seen get you the best results. What works, what doesn't???

Views: 105

Replies to This Discussion

The best way I have found to motivate the staff is through cupping and experimentation. Once the initial training is done, the advanced training is basically a review of the basics. I find it beneficial to start cupping different coffees from the espresso blend. Most baristas will be amazed that they can tell a difference between coffee origins even the first time at the cupping table. I also liked splitting the shot into three sections (1st eight seconds, second ...) and tasting the individual pieces of a shot then blending them together to see how they all vary.

we even tried an iced espresso test. espresso directly on ice and one in ice with water. very interesting for everyone.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service