I have been looking for someone who supplies green beans in smaller lots, that is, not the orginal sacks. We have been roasting our beans in house and I only know of one supplier who sells them in 25lb. boxes. It isn't in our budget to order in large volumns yet, 132lb. sacks. The challange is that our supplier is in New York and shipping hurts every time we order, (approx 550lbs per order) or .18 cents to .22 cents per pound....ouch! We are roasting/ resaleing 15 different viriatles.
Any suggestions?

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

My good friend Steve Lanphier may be able to help you. I'm not sure, but it is worth a shot. He works for a green bean broker out of Portland, Oregon. You can contact him at steve_lanphier@msn.com.

Good luck!

Ken Hall
khall@rancilio-na.com
I sell green beans to home roasters. I try to buy direct from the farmer. I probably couldn't help your situation though because I buy in even smaller lots of 15 - 20 lbs, rebag and sell by the pound.
We at The Green Coffee Bean Company sell green beans in 1, 2, 6, 12, and 24lb options. I don't know if this might be something you're interested in. Our website is www.tgcbc.com. We use Priority Mail flat rate boxes, as we're in Alaska, so it cuts down on shipping. We can fit 12lbs into one flat rate box, but we haven't yet experimented with the new, larger flat rate boxes. Anyway, just thought I'd put my two cents in!
We sell beans from 1 lb up to a full container, from comercial grade to Cup excellence winner. you can check our website www.invalsa.com. if anybody interested I can send a coupon for a discount.

Jorge
Great site Jorge, When I am need of more coffee I'll check it out. Right now I am over stocked.
Hello green Beans,
We also sell green beans from 1 lb to a sack quantity. If you look at our wholesalers list at our web page you'll see every thing available. We do not sell our blends though. When you call for your order we can also tell you ahead of time your ups total charges to compare prices.
And were in San Diego to help cut the costs.
Thanks
Rigo@cafemoto.com
A couple of suppliers we use to buy these size quantities were Coffee Wholesalers out of Eugene, Oregon and Our Coffee Barn in Wisconsin. Both companies are fantastic to work with (I mean SUPER!).
And from what I have seen so far Charles Weber of Coffee Wholesalers is a member here of Baristaexchange.
-Flo
we have a selection of 25# sacks, and UPS them from St. Paul, MN.
If interested, please contact us at 800.278.5065
Best of luck.
thanks!

Emily Naber Spende said:
we have a selection of 25# sacks, and UPS them from St. Paul, MN.
If interested, please contact us at 800.278.5065
Best of luck.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service