Objects & Purposes
• Promote QUALITY as the principle standard for success.
• Further roasters' knowledge of and skills in the history, fundamentals, art & science of coffee roasting.
• Encourage interaction and communication between specialty roasters.
• Foster understanding and cooperation among specialty roasters.
• Focus the voice of roasters in representing the specialty coffee industry.
• Recognize roasters that have achieved a high degree of skill and excellence in roasting.
• Advocate linking quality product to quality ethical conduct.
• Utilize the Roasters Guild Web Site, Bulletin Board, Quarterly Newsletter, Annual Retreat and SCAA's Annual Conference to further achieve our objects and purposes.
• Maintain a Roasters Guild Leadership in the form of an Executive Council, that will oversee and guide the guild, as well as develop new ways to achieve quality.
• Roasting MUST be an integral part of your profession.
• Submit yearly Membership Application and Dues.
• Roasters Guild Members Company must be a good standing member of the SCAA.
• Possess a passion for coffee.
• Wish to excel at the craft of roasting.