I'm doing an article about Portland baristas who are really rather overeducated -- but not in the usual realm of art, writing or English. If you fit that bill, I'd like to interview you -- please e-mail me at brandonseifert at gmail.com.

(Also, if you don't fit that description but you've got a friend with an interesting CV and a Multnomah County Food Handlers card, you'd be doing me a huge favor if you forwarded this to them.)

Thank you!

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

What exactly do you mean overeducated? As in you're too good or know too much about coffee to be working in a coffee shop?
I actually meant, "Why are you working here when you've got that Masters degree?" That sort of overeducated.
"Oh dude, it's all about the love of the bean. Can we wrap this up now so I can go throw down another blunt?" Is this who you are talking about?
I have a master's degree in curriculum and instruction; 2 undergraduate degrees and 20 graduate credits of physics. I also teach math in addition to doing barista work. Good luck with your article. Brendan

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service