Ward (Simpatico) posted this in the comments section of the Aldo Coffee blog this morning, so figured we'd put it up here for sharing:

This is tentative, but I've been given permission to hold a Barista Jam in the lobby of the Regional Enterprise Tower (where Simpatico Espresso is located). I waited for approval before sending out any form of announcement.

The plan is to have the jam on February 10, the Sunday before Coffee Fest and the Mid-Atlantic Barista Competition. I've decided to try and hold this event as a warm up, and also so coffee people can get together and possibly coordinate car-pooling to Coffee Fest.

As I prepare the invitation and receive feedback, I hope I can continue the momentum created when Aldo held the first Pittsburgh Barista Jam in December. The featured product at the event will be donated espresso and coffee from Stumptown Coffee, who have graciously offered to send Hairbender and other samples for us to cup. I hope to see the Pittsburgh barista competitors participate and show how far we are developing as a community of coffee lovers and appreciators of quality baristas!

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you Ward for hosting. If you're planning on going to CoffeeFest in DC, this would be a great pre-show meet up to exchange agendas and share what we know about after-hours goings-on. Let's show some Pittsburgh power down in the Capital!

One question for Ward... what's the building's policy on beer?

If you're interested in attending, drop a line to ward @ simpaticoespresso .com

Views: 12

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service