This is my short lived attempt at starting a fascinating discussion. I am expecting it to go down in flames, but here goes nothing.

Views: 77

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Sandy~
I can let you know as the times draws nearer. We shall see :)

Hi Brett!

I personally don't roast, but I do work for a roaster so I don't exactly feel the need at this point. I am primarily an espresso nerd. I love to pull shots of different origins and blends to see where they taste the best and what I, as the barista can do to manipulate the outcome. I currently prefer our Ethiopians (from PT's) for brew and I have been toying with SO Brazil and Sumatra Lake Tawar as espressos recently. I am always in love with our Bella (La Bella Vita espresso blend), but sometimes I want something that just tastes different...maybe not something I would want to drink on a regular basis, but something that is interesting and intriguing :) That's the state of my nerdery. I do have a coworker, Bryan, that is into home roasting and loves cupping. He's around on here somewhere :)

So what do you think of the Oscar? I'm just curious...
PS- Chris, I forgot to thank you for naming this 'discussion' something that was bound to catch my attention, bringing such happy memories flooding back ;)
His name is actually Bryan Miller. He's on my friends list on here as Bryan.

I have looked longingly at the Oscar for home use. It seems like, for the price, it would be fairly comparable to a commercial machine. I have spent time on some Aurelias and I have found that I like them a lot :) I just wanted to know if it's worth it. Thanks for the feeback
I figured that it was my surefire in to get a conversation started was to name it something familiar to people on here. Also, for the record I have been doing a lot of soul searching and you better look out this weekend for Berola(e) will be rolling in with the spirit of Cooke and Gaye on my shoulders. They may not have known anything about spro, but they knew the power of letting it all hang out.
I like this cleverly-named thread. I am not sure if I belong here because (1) I am more of a dork than a nerd, and (2) I'm from Michigan which by most accounts is Midwest except in the SCAA regions, where it is considered part of the Great Lakes Region. However, I now live in California and everyone here refers to Michigan (and my other home, Chicago) as being in "the Midwest" so maybe I'm ok. Either way, I'm definitely not from Kansas or Missouri but I've been to KC and StL an awful lot...

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service